Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to have a native Dutch meal for supper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to have a native Dutch meal for supper?

Here's the recepy for a native Dutch meal called "Hutspot" which is mashed potatoes with onions and carrot.

Here's how you make it.
    - Peel and cut the potatoes and put them in a pan of water
    - Cut some carrots and some onion and add them with the potatoes in the pan
    - add a generous amount of salt and let the the thing boil for around 20 minutes while checking from time to time with a fork on the soggyness of the potatoes.
    - When the potatoes are so soggy that just putting the fork in them makes them fall apart, take the pan from the stove and drain around 50% of the water.
    - Then take out the masher and make the whole thing into a nice pulp.
    - Add a little milk for fluffyness and a little nutmeg to spice it all a bit up.
    - The "Hutspot" is now ready for serving.

"Hutspot" can be eaten with almost all kinds of meat but I'd say that Pork is the best to serve with it. You could eat it with Bacon strips for example or with ham. Whichever is more to your liking, my personal fave would be to eat it with Bratwürst sausage.

This is a very simple thing to make yourself. And it's a good nutricious meal.

As we would say in the Netherlands: "Smakelijk Eten"

The kid's got a lot of hutspot I'd say....
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I always wondered why hutspot is made of hot spud...

Comment

Sounds good. I'll try it.

Comment

Working...
        X