No announcement yet.

slot cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was aware that 1/32 scale and Scalextric is huge in the UK. There must be some distributors with Tomy. They may be sent over from Scale Auto in WA State. I'll do some checking. I'm curious! They also may be labled AFX, since I believe Scale Auto owns that name now and it's distribution.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Ohhh AFX... I think I saw that somewhere. No clue of the scale. I assume though that Scalextric are mostly 1/32?

Comment

Ah wait... nah in the UK HO is pretty much inexistant. Not encountered AFX either in my research so far. Weird. I like the smaller stuff too.

Comment

i was in to 1/24th scale Gp 27 and 7's. They'd cover what's called a "king track" in around 2.0 seconds to 2.2 seconds. Qualifying, when the power is turned up, you put in a specific motor, lightweight pins and wire, they're now in to the 1.4 range(covering 155')

If you go to youtube, type in J1Z06 you'll see a few of my old school group 7 videos from 1984 in Elmsford N.Y.

Comment

That's cool. I always followed those Grp. 27 and 7's. I got out of slot racing in 1971 or so. Wow, 1984 they were still running? I love those King tracks! One of these days I'll have to cruise around one of those if there are any left around to drive! Thanks for the link.

Holy Crapola I just found a place that has 2 tracks about 7 miles from my house. One of the tracks is a 155' King Track. I don't know if they are still open or not. The race schedule hasn't been updated since Feb. 2006. Oh boy, this is going to be expensive I think!
            Last edited by Bengal65; 11-11-2007, 06:57 PM.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I just came back from the track. They had a Texas State Race there today. I missed it. They will be having a National there pretty soon. They are running all the classes. http://slotcarsofkaty.com/ Damn, they have been there 2 years, but in business since 1978 at another location. Wow, I can't believe it. I haven't seen a King 155' in years! There video was right next to yours on You Tube. That's how I found them:ROTF:

Comment

I got my 5 year old a Scalextric track with 2 cars. WOW. I loved the AFX stuff as a kid but these new, larger cars...damn they're freakin cool!

Comment

Slot Cars of Katy is owned by multi-time National Champion P.A Watson. I ended up talking to him Sunday evening. A wealth of information! I can tell my guitar budget will be shrinking soon

Yeah, the larger cars are easier to work on. Especially when it comes to painting Lexan bodies. HO are microscopic!

Comment

Working...
                  X