X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Could Change Everything...

Brazilian Oil Field May Hold 8B Barrels

Friday, November 09, 2007

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Brazil's state oil company said Thursday that it has discovered as much as 8 billion barrels of light crude in an ultra-deep field off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, an amount that could help transform the country into a major world oil exporter.
    Petroleo Brasileiro SA's announcement that the Tupi field has between 5 billion and 8 billion barrels of recoverable light oil sent Petrobras shares soaring 26 percent in New York, to a close at a new 52-week high.
    The sheer magnitude of the find suggests Brazil could transform itself from a medium-level oil producer "to another level, like Venezuela, Arab nations and others," said presidential chief of staff Dilma Rousseff.
    "This has changed our reality," she said, adding that the amount in the Tupi field could represent 40 percent of all oil ever discovered in Brazil.
    Brazil became a net exporter of oil last year, but must still import light crude oil for the refined products it needs. The country produces — and exports — mostly heavy crude oil, which has to be mixed with the light oil in refineries.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Maybe we won't need to wear turbins anymore when negotiating for crude.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
      That was a slick statement! Well, the united states won't have to mine for their next war target.

duh duh ching!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

US demand alone is 20 million barrels a day. Do the math. This isn't going to be a replacement for oil from the middle east. I suppose that congratulations are in order for Brazillian oil companies though.
          "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
            yeah maybe you can find some pitiful excuse to invade brazil instead...

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
              You're in bed with us. So you should change the "you" to "we".

Comment

oh dear!

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                  A pitiful excuse like when Iraq violated U.N. sanctions regarding troop buildups along the Kuwaiti border, playing cat-and-mouse for 6 months?

Or a pitiful excuse like slamming 2 jumbo jets into massive buildings full of civilians all in the name of some Middle Eastern madman who thinks he alone may judge the entire world?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

maybe now we'll fuck up that region of the world too? Looks like we'll be pulling out the middle east after all
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Umm, last time I checked, even Bush said that Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11.

Naah, in South America we just let the CIA loose and they help to topple governments for us. Saves us from having to do anything overt.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                        Umm, last time I checked, even Bush said that Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11.
                        No, but he was piling his troops up alongside Kuwait while we were in Trashcanistan chasing down Bin Laden and his Brokeback Mountaineers. The U.N. told him to pull back or risk war in 30 days. 29 days later, he pulled back.

1 week later he was piled up there again saying Kuwait was Iraqi property, and again the U.N. gave him 30 days to back off.

This ignorant pattern continued for about 6 months until finally he did not pull back after 30 days, nor 45, nor 60 days, nor 90 days.

After that, in accordance with the U.N. Security Resolution established in 1991, we engaged his forces across the Kuwaiti border.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Bin Laden and his Brokeback Mountaineers.
                          Praise Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhlaaaaahhhh!

Comment

I am not disputing your other point Newc, nor did I say anything about it. But the Saddam/9-11 canard keeps being repeated, and IMO every time it is repeated it only weakens our real reasons for going to Iraq.

Personally, I feel that Iraq was a waste of lives, time and money. Saddam was contained, and if he did cross the border we could have chased him back in minutes. Now Afghanistan is another story. We should be there, and we dropped the ball big time in not finishing the job right. Sending the Afghan forces into Tora Bora only allowed Osama to escape. Our men could have nailed him in Tora Bora, and we did not.

Why we did that is something that I will be asking myself for a long time. Maybe we did not want to catch Osama yet as we were working on invading Iraq at the time, and if we caught Osama before invading Iraq then the American public would not be behind it as we would have already caught the bad guy. That is one possibility among many.

I want the head of the guy who set up the 9-11 attacks, and Iraq was a distraction from that (IMO).

No flame war intended, I am only stating my thoughts and last I checked, my thoughts are of little consequence to the rest of the world...lol!

Comment

if they cna find Saddam in a hole they sure as hell could find Osama if they wanted to. I don't think they want to tho...too many dollars changing hands in the hunt for him and daddy needs a new pair of shoes
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X