Talking windshield wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking windshield wipers

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Well, the new BMW X-5 has wipers that tell the brakes when it is raining so they can adjust. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds just stupid I thought the driver was responsible for knowing that those drops on the windshield meant he/or she should figure it out.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

fett, I know you must remember those wipers that were controlled by engine vacuum...
    When you slowed, the wipers slowed, and inverse. I saw the first ones on a 55 Chevy. I had never seen anything quite like it.
    So overcoming driver stupidity with technology is nothing new.

Comment

Imagine what it'll do when it goes retarded on somebody cruising down the highway.

Comment

Yeah. What happens when the sensor that goes to the brakes goes out? So, I, being a Viking god-like Beemer person:ROTF: :ROTF: , am driving my X-5 and my fucking windshield wipers go out of whack. What mode are my brakes in?:ROTF: And why will it cost me $700 to get it fixed?:ROTF:
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It should just be a sensor that then triggers a hologram on the windshield that says,

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN YOU RICH ASSHOLE!

Comment

I just heard that commercial a few ago, and it made me laugh too. SouthPlatteDemon, its a !$Beemer$!, so they should just put a HUD on it with the same message. More parts to charge more for when they break!

Comment

I'm in the market for a new car and I've been looking at the X5 and other similar SUV's. I agree with you Fett. Some of the newest functions these cars have are just stupid. The BMW dealer told me the car senses how quickly you take your foot off the gas and the brakes start to engage before you hit the pedal. I mean we are talking miliseconds. If they got rid of half this kind of stuff they could probably knock $10k off the price.
              Last edited by MikeStrat; 11-09-2007, 11:19 PM.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Pretty soon it will be so that you fart, and sensors trigger a burst of air freshener.

Comment

Talking windshield wipers, how about seats that rub the boys?
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                    Pretty soon it will be so that you fart, and sensors trigger a burst of air freshener.

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                    Talking windshield wipers, how about seats that rub the boys?

Now THAT is worth the extra $10K :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                      Now THAT is worth the extra $10K :ROTF:
                      Agreed
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                        :ROTF:

Bronk! Psshh! Ahhhhh!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think our Mitsubishi has the perfect amount of technology. Lots of convience, lots of safety, lots of comfort, lots of cool, but it doesn't drive and operate itself. I don't trust that stuff like whats on your BMW. For the record, we looked at an X3, and our Outlander does more then the X3. Beat that :haha

Comment

Ive never really like the X series BMWs...cant say I own one, or even own a BMW at that...but part of my job is to clean them so I get to drive them pretty often..im just surprised they havent made them autopilot yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X