Speaker simulators for a guitar amp line out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker simulators for a guitar amp line out

I have an old Digitial Music Cab-Tone that I use sometimes to make the line out signal from my amps sound mic'd when running direct to a sound board. This morning, it looks like the old Cab-Tone died. I'm trying to find a simple D.I. type box that includes speaker/cab simulation that isn't a rackmount-type unit.

It looks like the Cab-Tone and the H&K Red Box are both out of production. The only possible replacement that I have found online appears to be the Palmer PDI-09 "The Junction". I was wondering if anyone else knows of a similar D.I. unit that doesn't cost an unreasonable amount of money.

Thanks.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

I have the Palmer - it works great. Behringer makes one too - it's a rip off of the Red Box. They work pretty good too and they're cheap.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      I have the Palmer - it works great. Behringer makes one too - it's a rip off of the Red Box. They work pretty good too and they're cheap.
      It sounds like you prefer the Junction. Is it a much better D.I. than the Behringer? How about the attenuator (bright/normal/mellow) tones - are they pretty good?

It looks like the Palmer is $165 online and that's probably reasonable.

Comment

The Junction is clearer than the Behringer. The Behringer is a tad muddy. But even the Behringer sounds better than that ADA Cabinetulator thingamabob.

The attenuator on the Junction is a passive level cut so that you don't overload your line level signal - it works very well. It is NOT an attenuator for your amplifier because it does not have the right kind of load. The bright/normal/mellow switches do about what you'd think they would.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks for the info, Tim. I'm probably going to order one later this week.

Comment

Working...
          X