Question for you USA'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you USA'ers

Why are your liquor laws so retarded? It took me 15 minutes to find a place that sold hard liquor, because apparently mixing rum and beer is a bad thing?

Also, I've never been to a place that was so unfriendly... and your customs are hilariously stupid:
    Them: What is your purpose in the United States?
    Me: Computer Programming competition.
    Them: What is that?
    Me: Programming computers in a competitive environment?
    Them: I'll need to see your passport again.

Are the only cool Americans located on this forum or... whats going on here? I'm confused beyond belief now guys.

PS: Your Tim's is not the same as our Tim's... missing the acid. Who drinks coffee without acid?

Last edited by Freyr; 11-11-2007, 11:11 PM.

You must not have been in California. They have booze everywhere! In America, you get the glorious mess of 50 states with 50 different ways of handling things. It makes life interesting.

Yes, the only cool Americans are on this forum. You found us out. Don't tell anyone else about it or the property values will go down here.

Comment

Some states have laws where you can only sell beer and wine in one store and the hard stuff in another.
      Each state has their own laws controlling liquor sales and licensing. It's not federally regulated.
      Here in AZ, we aren't that anal.
      You can buy beer, wine and the hard stuff all at the same place.
      Grocery store, liquor store, gas station, you name it.
      -Rick

Comment

Freyr's avatar makes me want to puke so does his attitude.Whats new a condesending Canadian communist dick.Maybe you look like a middle eastern nut job.
        The custom people were just doing their jobs.You know the terrorists that flew the planes that hit the world trade center came thru your country.I guess you were probably drunk at the time and didn't notice.
        Last edited by straycat; 11-12-2007, 01:42 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

damn, Freyr, you've been caught out. You condescending Nova Scotian middle eastern Canadian communist nut job, you Everybody knows that complaining about draconian liquor laws = communism

mixing rum & beer isn't a bad thing. You can't make a Depth Charge without beer & hard liquor.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I meant that in a good way Freyr.Not really.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, New Mexico you can buy liquor and gasoline at 3am from the quicky mart, but in Texas, only beer after 11am on sundays. No liquor and beer/wine can be bought pretty much anywhere before 1am? and after breakfast.
              Liquor can only be bought in a liquor store.
              In Utah, I think all the good stuff is at the state run liquor stores and the beer is something like 1% alchohol unless it's in a bar/microbrewery.

Each state is different, and border agents don't jack around. They are not usually humored with your impatience. Think about it, if they knew what a "computer competition" ws, do you think they'd be standing in the cold air near Canada in November?

Seriously, I know that was a rant, but don't be a douche. I know that most Canadians are cool, unless they are from Quebec - and something in Canadian beer skunks it bad when it is shipped south of the mason-dixon line.

(I kid about Quebec - I think.....)
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

NH Beer and wine are sold in any grocery store ...
                Hard Liquor is sold by the state in state owned stores

Customs.. They were probably asking redundant questions to see if you knew what you were talking about. If your answers don't jive they would have probably flagged you .

Sorry if you don't like our country because it's different from yours. I suppose if it were the same we wouldn't be the USA ..We'd be called France ...

Have a nice day
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Why do people come to the US and then bitch about everything? If you dont like the laws then dont come. We wont miss you at all.

draconian???? This coming from a man in a country that outlawed guns. Now thats draconian defined.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    Why do people come to the US and then bitch about everything? If you dont like the laws then dont come. We wont miss you at all.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      You know the terrorists that flew the planes that hit the world trade center came thru your country..
                      What are we going to do when they come through Mexico?

Comment

Hmm... 50% of people from the US have realized this thread is a joke! Sad... so sad...

Also yard dog -> Don't worry, I don't go down there alot, just to use the powerful Canadian dollar, and to kick your Ivy-League school's asses. (Except MIT... man, they're ridiculous)

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post

draconian???? This coming from a man in a country that outlawed guns. Now thats draconian defined.
                          guns aren't outlawed here. But never let the truth get in the way of good story I have to admit though, I feel so much more vulnerable since they made it harder for the average city dweller to get military weapons.

man, why do people come to Australia and bitch about the flies? And the heat? And the hot topless chicks on the beach. People come here to check out the Great Barrier Reef or the outback or the Sydney Opera House or Surfer's Paradise and then bitch about everything....

Why do American's travel the world and then bitch about how they can't get a New York Cheesesteak just like home? Why do people holiday in third world countries and then bitch when they get the runs? gods forbid you go somewhere and discover that it's not quite what you'd imagined.

and just in case anyone misinterprets this post as anything else than a bit of funning, I'll load it up with a few smilies Seems some folks were so busy draping themselves in the flag they overlooked the sarcastic wit (and the smilie) in Freyr's original post.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                            Hmm... 50% of people from the US have realized this thread is a joke! Sad... so sad...

Also yard dog -> Don't worry, I don't go down there alot, just to use the powerful Canadian dollar, and to kick your Ivy-League school's asses. (Except MIT... man, they're ridiculous)
                            :ROTF:

Comment

You have to admit..our football league does suck ass up here but the beers are huge!

Comment

Working...
                              X