Trial Update - sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial Update - sort of

For those of you interested, the trial date so far stands at January 14. There's another series of motions hearings starting on November 19. But the really interesting part - he has resigned his position with the Bloomington Police Department. After sitting in jail for a year and a half, he's finally decided to tender his resignation. Now there's lots of speculation as to why he would do this now, especially since he was still receiving his pay - he recently had his 18 year anniversary on the job while sitting in solitary. He gets access to only exactly what he put into his pension - no interest, value increase or matching funds - not enough to pay his bond and his attorney (the third he's had). This current attorney has put in for a gob of motions - everything from having the charges in the other case - stalking and attempted breaking and entering - dropped, to getting a special prosecutor - because of his work with the state's attorney's office in the past. All normal stuff that you'd expect his attorney to try for. So, hopefully after the 19th and 20th I'll have a little more idea of the trial will be going forward in Jan. If it does, you guys going to NAMM will have to party for me this year!

For those going what the hell is she talking about - my home was invaded and I was assaulted 4 and a half years ago. It is alleged that me and at least 3 other women were all assaulted by the same guy. The man being charged with these crimes just happened to be a police officer. In order to avoid having us testify at his disiplinary hearing and let him have a shot at the evidence before trial, they put him on paid leave while he sits in solitary confinement.

Good luck at the trial. At the very least he has been in jail for a year and a half. There are a lot of people out there who have done a lot worse and never even seen a jail cell.

Matt

Comment

Wow, that is just shocking to read. I find it interesting that he stayed on for almost a year and a half before 'retiring'. I too wonder why he would do so now. Maybe he knows the jig is up? That would be the best reason (for you and the other women).

Good luck and I hope you and the other women get the justice you are seeking. Four and a half years now? Justice may be blind, but it also sounds crippled too. Men who assault women in any way are creeps (I am being nice with words here, add any expletive you wish to supplement it with!).

Comment

The resignation makes no sense at all IMHO

Good to hear that this is moving forward... Hopefully the trial portion of this is soon over. Stay strong.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Maybe he was able to get an early retirement and preserve some sort of pension benefits by resigning before the trial? There might be some kind of backdoor deal going on that he had to hang on this long for, who knows?

I'm sure he's happy to be in solitary if he's in jail at all; cops aren't too popular in jail, you know. too bad he couldn't be in the GP, he'd probably have been shanked by now.

Keep heart Mrs. Tekky, he will pay in the end for his crimes. All this stalling won't save him from justice, believe that.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I am so very sorry that you had to go through that. When I hear of these horrible things happening, it makes me just want to deliver my own justice to these people.

I hope this son of a bitch goes to prison, and has a horrible life there. Cops don't do well in jail.

Comment

I, too, am sorry to hear about your story. The guy deserves a fitting punishment for his crime. I just hope that you are getting any support and therapy that you need to recover from the attack. I hate to think of something like this ever happening to my wife, so my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your husband and family.

If this guy somehow escapes justice in this lifetime, he won't in the next.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thank you. The Mrs. has an excellent support system, family and friends are behind her all the way.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

She has friends?
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. I hope justice is served soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      She has friends?
                      Jeez! You just had to come in here and jack things up for her didn't you?!?? She was feeling all happy and stuff, now you gotta remind her that she doesn't have friends?!? What the hell! You gonna tell her next that the cats only go near her because I keep an open package of treats in her t-shirt drawer?!?

Oh crap.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Is that why they meow when she walks into the room?
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                          Is that why they meow when she walks into the room?

You and Todd are both getting kitty poop in your stockings this year!

Comment

Woohoo something besides coal!!

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
                            You and Todd are both getting kitty poop in your stockings this year!

Comment

We call them "kitty crumblies" in my house.
                              The dogs love them with the crunchy coating of kitty litter on them. :ROTF:
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X