No announcement yet.

Bye to a dear friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant a tree on the grave. I am not kidding.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

GOR..I'm very sorry man.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry for your lost man. Must be hard...

Comment

Sounds like he had a great and long life. For that, none more can be asked.
          In my short time here, I've seen too many pass. But no words can describe the relationship we have with our animals. You said times have been tough for you, and you are in my thoughts, and prayers. Dog is still, well, Doggy. We will give her an extra hug for you.

Comment

hey GoR, i'm so sorry for your family's loss.

i went through that on my birthday at the end of september, and it was soul-crushing, to say the least. i miss her immensely. i know that there are no words that we can offer that will help you feel better, but i know what you're going through.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Plant a tree on the grave. I am not kidding.
              +1. i was given this advice by a friend, and i plan on planting a magnolia tree in our yard in my girl's honor as soon as i can.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your best buddy GOR. Being there at the end is very sad to endure, but I am sure that you would not trade it for anything in the world. He was there for you when you needed him, and you were there for him too. Right to the very end. Just like it should be.

I don't know if you will find a new companion or not, but as much as you loved your buddy you might want to consider it. My sister had a purebred male Akita (Arnold) when she married, and her husband and her bought a purebred female Akita (Corrie) soon afterward. They kept both dogs until they passed away, and afterward they swore that they would never get a dog again. I told them that the way that both of them loved their dogs, I would recommend finding a new friend or two. They were not hearing it.

About a year later, my sis called and gave me the "Guess what?" question, and as happy as she sounded I said that they got a new dog. Sure enough, they got a purebred female Akita they named Shelby. Damn beautiful dog, I can tell you that! Black/calico face and body, wide white band around her neck and four white 'boots' for her paws. She said that one dog was their agreed limit, but they were both happy again.

Well, about a year later her husband went out to his shop (big 60 x 60 building on their property) one rainy day and heard a dog whimpering somewhere in it. He found a neighbor's wet, bleeding puppy (about 6 months old). Dave took the pup to a vet (the owners were not at home at the time) and it turned out the puppy had a BB in its leg and it was found out later that the owners kid had done it to the poor animal.

Since it was a puppy, the parents were going to give the puppy up after what their kid did to it. Turns out that the punk had been basically torturing the poor pup, and that it quaked around the kid. My sis and her husband offered to take it in, and the parents agreed. They renamed him Woody, and while he is their first mixed breed (Akita/Golden Retriever), they love 'their cute mutt'. He is one of the coolest, goofiest dogs I have ever been around. He is their household comedian, and Shelby and he get along great.

Remember the good times you had together, they are something that you will hold dear and treasure forever. It takes time to heal from a loss like this, and I wish you the best.

Comment

Very, very sorry dude.

Comment

GoR, (wish I knew your name),
                    Yeah, going through some old photos today.
                    Saw in the background, our Coco. She grew up with our boys,
                    she wasn't like our current sentry, Duchess. She was a
                    sweetheart, put up with everything, kind of like a St. Bernard.<sp>
                    So, life does indeed go on...even if we have to put up with the fact our most loyal friends are taken so soon. We love Duchess, but she is not Coco.

Comment

Hate to hear it. But at least he went knowing he was loved. I still miss my little buddy who we had to put down a year ago.
                      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                      Jackson SLATQH
                      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                      Jackson DKMGT (project)
                      Kramer Focus 1000
                      Ibanez SDGR Bass
                      Ovation Celebrity
                      Martin Backpacker

Comment

He was a beautiful dog. I'm very sad for you GOR.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

So sorry about losing your best bud. On the up side, 3/4 of your life so far was shared by a loving pet, I'm sure your a better human being because of it. You are truly blessed to have had that experience and I hope someday you can do it again.
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                          X