PC gamers..help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC gamers..help!

Ok, this is driving me bonkers. I just got the game CSI (the first one), I bought the 2nd one first, played it, and liked it, so I got the first one. Well, I load it up, and when I go to play it, it get into Gils office (maybe 15-20 seconds into the game) and get a "macromedia projector" error. Then the game closes.

I've searched online, and tried everything I can think of. I've updated my video card driver, updated my flash player, one site told me about the "compatibility wizard", did that, but that only brought some kind of directors # error.

I'm lost, and mad! Can anyone give me any other ideas???
    Thanks in advance
    Jeri

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
    Ok, this is driving me bonkers. I just got the game CSI (the first one), I bought the 2nd one first, played it, and liked it, so I got the first one. Well, I load it up, and when I go to play it, it get into Gils office (maybe 15-20 seconds into the game) and get a "macromedia projector" error. Then the game closes.

I've searched online, and tried everything I can think of. I've updated my video card driver, updated my flash player, one site told me about the "compatibility wizard", did that, but that only brought some kind of directors # error.

I'm lost, and mad! Can anyone give me any other ideas???
    Thanks in advance
    Jeri
    Did you google the Directors # error?
    Check also the game's specs. Sometimes having the latest plug-ins isn't the best (I'm thinking of the Macromedia plug-in).

Also search for any game patches that might be out there if this wasn't included in your initial Search and Destroy mission.

EDIT:
    Try this for patches: http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Category.aspx?dcId=63
    Last edited by JacksonDean; 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I was going to suggest what JacksonDean said. I played the second one and I'd love to play the first one. Aren't they making a new one now?
      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, the 2nd one was great. There's a 4th one out now.

Thanks I'll try that patch. The Director Player error gets me no where on google. Some folks said it was quick time, but I installed the version that came with the game (6.1) then uninstalled it and installed the latest version.
        Last edited by guitarsjb; 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Tried to download the patch, it said the game was a later version and to uninstall that version first. I tried it anyway (unistalled game, dowloaded patch) that did nothing to help. Earlier I even uninstalled my current flashplayer, and installed the one with the game. (6.1?)...
          Thanks anyway for the help.
          Jeri

Comment

Tried to download the patch, it said the game was a later version and to uninstall that version first. I tried it anyway (unistalled game, dowloaded patch) that did nothing to help. Earlier I even uninstalled my current flashplayer, and installed the one with the game. (6.1?)...
            Thanks anyway for the help.
            Jeri
            Hmmm.
            How about posting the specs? (Or providing a link where the game's specs are listed). Additionally, post your PC's specs. Also, if you get the error again, grab and post a screenshot of that as well.

I am sort of shooting in the dark, I don't play games; but I am a geek of sorts (coder).

Comment

Ok,
              Here's the game info link:
              http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=81

Not sure how to post my PC's specs (I'm not very computer literate, but I get by..) my computer is a Dell XPS 410, just got it a few months ago.
              I'll get the error in a min. Thanks for all your trouble.

Comment

Ok, JacksonDean..here's the error info I got.
                *error signature
                AppName: csi.exe AppVer:8.5.1.102
                Mod name: quicktime.qts
                ModVer:7.30.70
                offset:008f60a7

Hope that helps. thanks again for all your help.
                Jeri

Comment

Ok, JacksonDean..here's the error info I got.
                  *error signature
                  AppName: csi.exe AppVer:8.5.1.102
                  Mod name: quicktime.qts
                  ModVer:7.30.70
                  offset:008f60a7

Hope that helps. thanks again for all your help.
                  Jeri
                  Okay.
                  Uninstall quicktime. If you are not sure how to do this, let me know.

Go http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ and download and reinstall quicktime.

Try your game again, and let me know if that works.

Comment

Thanks again JacksonDean, but that didn't do it either.
                    *CSI game for sale..cheap!* grrrr...I know it's something between quicktime and the game, or at least I think that's it..but nothing seems to fix it. I've been all over the net too, and find other people that it's happened to, and they fixed theirs. Nothing works here, it must be the operator.

Comment

Did you reboot whenever you uninstalled Quicktime and/or Flash or the game? Sometimes these drivers are so embedded that you have to reboot to get rid of them.

Are you running Vista or XP? You might have to set the game to run under a different OS (though you did say you did the compatability wizard thing, but still...).
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Honestly I can't remember if I rebooted every time I unistalled these things. I THINK so. I'm running XP. Thing is, got CSI 3 today, it loads and plays just fine, no issues at all GRRRRR

Comment

Thanks again JacksonDean, but that didn't do it either.
                          *CSI game for sale..cheap!* grrrr...I know it's something between quicktime and the game, or at least I think that's it..but nothing seems to fix it. I've been all over the net too, and find other people that it's happened to, and they fixed theirs. Nothing works here, it must be the operator.
                          I am not much of a gamer, and I hate quicktime... I don't have anything else at the moment. Sorry nothing's worked out.

Comment

Working...
                          X