old news? bizarre myspace suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
    There really was no crime committed - that's why I called it bizarre because I can't think of any legislation that would have stopped this without destroying the 1st Amendment.
    Here is what was suggested on another board: The mother posed as a 16-year-old boy to draw this girl into a relationship. Use the internet pedophile laws to charge 40something Lori Drew as an adult trying to lure a child into a sexual relationship.

You know about jury nullification? Maybe we'd get jury assertion here and they'd convict her even though they know it wasn't her real intent. Even if not, her face would be spread across the newspapers and airwaves and everyone who saw here would know her for the bitch she is.

Speaking of jury nullification, the girl's father could probably shoot the bitch in the head a dozen times and be acquitted by a jury who'd consider it justice.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have no idea how I could handle someone doing that to my child. I can't even imagine the callousness that would allow someone to do that to a child. Reading the article, it is clear the guilty party doesn't feel as if they were in the wrong at all. It is just sickening.

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Can't believe such things. It recently happened with a girl in Holland as well. She's still missing, but you just know she's dead..
        www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
        www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
        www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

just..... sad

Why would the parents of the other girl want to harm her?? Did they really intend for her to kill herself? If so, it really sucks that no criminal charges can be filed against them.

Some things we'll never know, and maybe just as well because it's none of our business after all.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

technology advances faster that the laws can keep up. There were no cyber stalker or terriosim laws before Al Gore invented the internet

I honestly think we'll see some form or law established on the go forward...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

What a freakin' world....

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                I honestly think we'll see some form or law established on the go forward...
                I think so, too. I've actually noticed lately that on my AOL sign-on screen, there's a little disclaimer about internet "cyberbullying" and how to prevent it, etc. It may be related a little to the case of this girl, but I'm not sure.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There was an update posted over at Sludge. Seems the neighbors are harassing the hell out of the Drews for what Lori did. Someone even called the cops saying someone had been shot at their house and they had 15 cops come through the door lookingt for a gunshot victim.

Lori C. Drew makes her living on the Internet for her local Chamber of Commerce, which is probably why they mysteriously can't find any kind of harassment law to charge her with. If she were a 40-year-old MAN who'd made contact with a 13-yo girl posing as a teenage boy, she'd probably be in prison for cyber-stalking.

But if she can't be charged, I hope the neighbors keep messing with her for the rest of her life. It's not just what she did, it's that she's unrepentant. she's teaching her daughter that it's okay to do this shit.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, no criminal charges were filed!

Comment

I can't know this for sure becuase I've never been in such a situation, and I hope to God I never am, but if it were me I'd probably already be on the front of the paper for taking matters into my own hands.

It's just really fucked up, these people, if you can call them that, are just scum.

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                      X