US Metal Guys - Check out Slough Feg on tour now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Metal Guys - Check out Slough Feg on tour now

I'd describe Slough Feg as sort of a Thin Lizzy meets Iron Maiden styled traditional heavy metal band. Twin guitar harmonies, some great soloing, and (gasp) actual singing. To make everything even better, these guys are a killer live band that puts on a great show. I saw them last Saturday (third time now) and they were phenomenal, one of the best live shows I've seen this year!

For some tunes - > http://www.myspace.com/sloughfeg

Here are the tour dates...
    Nov 13 2007 9:00P 3 Kings Tavern Denver, Colorado
    Nov 14 2007 9:00P Replay Lounge Lawrence, Kansas
    Nov 15 2007 9:00P TBA Omaha, Nebraska
    Nov 16 2007 9:00P Turf Club St. Paul, Minnesota
    Nov 17 2007 9:00P Annex Madison, Wisconsin
    Nov 18 2007 9:00P Quencher’s Chicago, Illinois
    Nov 19 2007 9:00P Mac’s Bar Lansing, Michigan
    Nov 20 2007 9:00P Jigsaw Saloon Cleveland, Ohio
    Nov 21 2007 9:00P Club Midway New York, New York
    Nov 23 2007 9:00P The Khyber Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Nov 24 2007 9:00P The Milestone Charlotte, North Carolina
    Nov 25 2007 9:00P Joli Rouge Asheville, North Carolina
    Nov 26 2007 9:00P The Dregs Memphis, Tennessee
    Nov 27 2007 9:00P The Dart Room Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Nov 29 2007 9:00P Red 7 Austin, Texas
    Dec 1 2007 9:00P Vaudeville Cabaret Tucson, Arizona

Check them out if you can!

Oh yeah, I've heard these dudes...I notice a lot of their stuff sounds a lot like what I sound like. Wonder if they'll continue that tour to the west coast? Probably, as they're from the Bay Area.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Oh yeah, I've heard these dudes...I notice a lot of their stuff sounds a lot like what I sound like. Wonder if they'll continue that tour to the west coast? Probably, as they're from the Bay Area.
      The first two tour dates were in San Fran and Eureka on the 7th and 8th respectively. I probably should've posted this earlier but I forgot to!

Comment

Quick bump up to the top for Slough Feg!

Comment

Not bad I checked out their myspace. Always good to here maidenesque type bands breathing life into a classic format.

Comment

Weird that they're playing Lansing instead of Detroit

Comment

Slough Feg is awesome. Traveller is their best album in my opinion. I wish they'd come up here to the frozen north.

Comment

Just missed em! Grrr.

Comment

WTF . . . the TURF CLUB?! I hope they have some local fans who know they're coming through town, because that's not a venue I would normally associate with metal. Maybe a local band or two every once in a while, but not a touring act.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't associate the name Slough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough) with metal, more with boredom and middle management.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

am I the only one that thinks this is one of the worst metal bands ever?

talk about don't quit your day job.

these guys wouldn't know a melodic hook if it bit em on the ass. and those vocals?
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        am I the only one that thinks this is one of the worst metal bands ever?

talk about don't quit your day job.

these guys wouldn't know a melodic hook if it bit em on the ass. and those vocals?
                        The beauty of music is that it is subjective. One man's treasure is another man's trash. Just figured I'd share a band that puts on a great live show.

Comment

I LOVE Slough Feg!! I've seen them live several times and own one of their albums. They asked my drummer to fill in for this tour, but he declined. Great band!

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                            I wouldn't associate the name Slough (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough) with metal, more with boredom and middle management.
                            Their name used to be The Lord Weird Slough Feg. Apparently he/she/it is a character from some Irish folktale.

Comment

Slough will always be associated with David Brent for me.
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X