Think your guitar was expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think your guitar was expensive?

I've been meaning to post these for a while, but here are some pics from the Boston guitar show held in September. The first picture is our booth, the 2nd and 3rd are of a collectors booth from VT who was there. He literally had 100 guitars on display, all of which were $20K and up.

Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

have you ever been to Bee 3 Vintage's Great American Guitar show? Those prices are nothing compared to what you see at those shows.

Comment

I'll take the black LPC it's a hidden bargain at 9.5k

Comment

Very nice gear there Matt, I'll be looking you up soon.

Comment

The vintage guitar market is just fucking retarded...
          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

LP's had trapezoid inlays in 1952??
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

some of those strats ate realllly niice

Comment

I've made a mess in my pants...
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
                  The vintage guitar market is just fucking retarded...
                  Versus the vintage car market, sports memorabilia market, etc?
                  "POOP"

Comment

I think when the baby boomers stop buying this stuff because they are mostly dead or too old to give a shit anymore they won't be worth as much. There is no way I'd pay 55K for a piece of junk strat and many of my peers feel the same way. Plus there are far less of us to compete for the guitars. I love Jimi Hendrix as much as the next guy but forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      Versus the vintage car market, sports memorabilia market, etc?
                      Yes. In a car, a "relic" is worth less than something perfectly restored to look new again. A bent baseball card is worth less than a mint one. An unopened action figure is worth more than a beat up version.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        Yes. In a car, a "relic" is worth less than something perfectly restored to look new again. A bent baseball card is worth less than a mint one. An unopened action figure is worth more than a beat up version.
                        The vintage guitar market is the same: clean, original examples fetch much higher prices than heavily used, modified examples. We're talking vintage guitars here, not new guitars "relic'ed" to look vintage.

Comment

Oh please .... I would much rather have a Custom Shop guitar by a reputable manufacturer built to my specs for $3K than any one of those things.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Yea, where did "relic" come into play.
                            "POOP"

Comment

that's what FMIC uses as reasoning for jacking up prices on plain jane models
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X