I hit a UPS Store today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I wondered if you had hit it with your car or something.
    That was my first thought too

BTW - I just shipped a Vetta combo, that I had them box, and it cost $83 - without insurance! That would have been $13 more.

So I think their prices suck - and they are going up starting December 31!
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

"Is this threadworthy?" wasn't intended to be negative. In hindsight, I should've let him explain himself... I just couldn't get past the wood snow shoes. Now I'm gonna go see if I won the straps...
      -Adam

Comment

UPS store is fine as long as you do your own packaging. They rape you on the charges to box stuff up. This is why I now keep all my guitar boxes.

Comment

You should have seen the dude's eyes light up when I told him about the snow shoes. "Oh. I can make you up the boxes!!!"
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I struck a bad chord (or w/e the phrase is) with people yesterday... I guess that's what being a junior member is all about
            -Adam

Comment

You are fine. You gave Ron something to say.:ROTF:

Comment

1/2 of the threads on the forum are not threadworthy

I just use the scroll button and walk on by most of them
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm sorry Shawn if your index finger gets tired.

Comment

I'd be happy to ship stuff for you guys. But... you'd have to ship your stuff to me so I could ship it. Makes sense, right?
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

BTW. I have shipped 3 boxes in 2 days there. And each time he whipped out his trusty tape measure. Here's the rub. Anything over 3 cubic feet gets a surcharge. So my 18x18x18 inch box did. If it was a 17X17x17 it wouldn't. Just try and find a box with those measurments Size does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                        That was my first thought too

BTW - I just shipped a Vetta combo, that I had them box, and it cost $83 - without insurance! That would have been $13 more.

So I think their prices suck - and they are going up starting December 31!
                        "Would have been?" So you shipped an expensive fragile computerized amplifier WITHOUT insurance? I have a bad feeling for you about that decision....

I would think that a 212 combo would cost about $60-$70 to ship these days via UPS even with your own packaging. So while $96 insured would be pricey it's not that out of line. But if that amp gets damaged in shipping and you didn't insure it, you're SOL. So for $13 you probably screwed yourself, if in fact you did ship it uninsured.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                          When I saw the thread title, I wondered if you had hit it with your car or something.

Doesn't UPS ship by weight? Or is an 18" x 18" x 18" box the same no matter the weight?
                          They use a combination of weight and dimensions. So a typical guitar boxed in a hardshell case pays a 70-lb. rate even though it's actually about 25-30 lbs. A lot of people on Ebay underestimate on the shipping calculator because they only go by weight and not dimensional size.

Underestimating shipping can cause you to take a hit on an Ebay sale. Overcharging for shipping can keep[ people from bidding on your auction. So knowing what's appropriate - which is always changing due to the cost of oil - is important.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X