This sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks

Well today the water heater broke and flooded the basement. Some valve or something that was corroded totally came apart. Not much was damaged, as we had this happen twice now, and after the 2nd time, had put most stuff in plastic boxes or off the ground. However, were in the process of moving our main stero downstairs, along wiht a lot of our records. I had just put mine down last night, around 5 feet from the water heater in a cardboard box. Guess what happened to those Totally soaked, and on a couple the sleeves had gotten stuck to the actual vinyl. What didn't help matters was the box broke, and a few few on the floor, so when dad went down into the basement, which was dark from the circuit breaker tripping its circuit down there, he didn't notice about 4 of them down there. Now would be a good time to remind ya'll he has a fake leg, so he can't feel what he steps on with it and has a heavy step. Had some classics too... British Steel, VH1, Out of the Cellar, Destroyer... just needed to vent.

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
    Now would be a good time to remind ya'll he has a fake leg, so he can't feel what he steps on with it and has a heavy step.
    :ROTF:

Aw, sorry for laughing man, but that was totally funny. I can imagine your dad going CRUNCH CRACK CRUNCH with his fake leg and not realizing he was trashing dat stuff awwww sorry
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man, that's harsh. I don't know what I'd ever do if I lost my record collection... it takes years and years to track down some stuff...
      Harsh... way too harsh...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        :ROTF:

Aw, sorry for laughing man, but that was totally funny. I can imagine your dad going CRUNCH CRACK CRUNCH with his fake leg and not realizing he was trashing dat stuff awwww sorry
        No offense taken. Its quite the rolling joke here

Comment

I had a similar situation with my old records. It really sucks and I know how you feel.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
            I had a similar situation with my old records. It really sucks and I know how you feel.
            You had a pile of wet records on the floor and an old man with a wooden leg stepped on them? Wow, it is a small world afterall!

I am glad I don't have a basement, bad stuff happens down there....

That reminds me, basements get really dark. When I was a kid, we took these large glow in the dark legos (megablocks?) and threw them all over the floor. Then ran around in the dark pegging each other with them. It was ghetto laser tag, ca 1982

Hope you get your collection going again. I may have two copies of Women and children first. I'll have a look when I get a chance.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
            X