photobucket pics are showing up smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photobucket pics are showing up smaller

I have image as big as 1024x768 uploaded to photobucket. I confirmed that I can view it that size too. But when I link it in a JCF thread, the max size showing up is only 640x480 or something. Why is that?
    Sam

That's for an avartar pic. I had to jump through hoops and had friends to help me. Here is just an average fett pic.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yeah, I remember the bear story you shared with us. :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

It could be something in the board's software that keeps the pics small enough so they don't distort the thread page. On a lot of forums, big pics make the page get all wide & out of whack, then the admins have to come fix it. Pain in the ass.

Comment

I understand that. but looks like I'm the only one having a problem. Well, me and fett. Just recently exodusattack posted pics of his KE1T and those are much bigger than 640x480.

Couldbe a limitation of photobucket.
          Sam

Comment

There is a box somewhere at PB that allows you to choose the size of the pic. All I know is I have the right size. If you are changing your avatar, someone here will help you. I didn't get my mug up there without a lot of help.:ROTF:
            Last edited by fett; 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

|My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

533x800 is the biggest I have in my photobucket, but it came out OK. How are you posting, using the IMG tags?
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  There is a box somewhere at PB that allows you to choose the size of the pic. All I know is I have the right size.
                  yup, its the album settings. I set that to 1024x768. Its actually the upload settings. Now the image in photobucket is big. but still shows up small in the thread.
                  Sam

Comment

when you login to your photobucket account, it will tell you your max image size at the top left of the little 'upload' box (with the 3 empty fields and the 'browse' buttons)

AFAIK, the free default is 800x600

Comment

Are you trying to post pics here?
                      Last edited by fett; 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yabba View Post
                        AFAIK, the free default is 800x600
                        looks like that's the case. i have a free account.

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Are you trying to post pics here?
                        yes sir.
                        Sam

Comment

I wish I had an answer. My PB is exactly how I like it and I don't no why.

Comment

There's a picture posting tutorial sticky at the top of this folder - not that I have read it or tried it!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

well, it just tells how to post pictures from various sources. yes, I did read that the first time I posted pics. I went through it this time too. but it does not say anything about making the pictures appear bigger. There is a way in html code to specify the width and height. but I cant figure it out how to make that work.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X