Iron Maiden's tour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
    I could not stand to watch them now with that leaping jackass, having seen them at their best on the Beast on the Road tour.
    Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Leaping Jackass?
    Are you talking about Janick Gers?
    Uhh.....yup.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

None other!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Janick seems like a really nice guy, but yeah, his playing makes me cringe. I can live with the 'dancing' and the nasty looking strats, but his solos just make my toes curl.....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have heard some Janick, his playing is ok, nothing spectacular (Murray) or particularly tasty (Smith). Makes me wonder, what does Janick bring to the table? Quality backup rythm while Adrian and Dave are trading licks or harmonizing? It is unorthodox and expensive to keep him on the payroll unless he's a great ideaman or songwriter, or possibly the "rythm filler".

What's the deal on numero tres? - From the band's perspective.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I think they're old friends with Janick, and too nice to give their old mate the arse now that Adrian's back. They still let him play some of Adrian's old solos.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I think it's cool that they keep him around

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                They still let him play some of Adrian's old solos.
                Which is just a travesty.... let Janick take some of Dave's solos and give some of Adrian's back
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

he's a brilliant songwriter
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Janick is a pretty good songwriter. He was an old friend of Bruce's, and when Bruce got the offer to record a song for one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies (Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter), he worked with Janick, then went and did his first solo album with him in '90 (Tattooed Millionaire), so he was the logical choice when Adrian left.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll be there at Acer Arena, Sydney in Feb, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the Maiden show!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X