No announcement yet.

Guitarworlds Interview with Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note from what I heard(don't flame)....

Marty taught Becker.

Yes, Marty is much better than Dave, and I would prefer Marty doing what he likes than playing in Megadeth(as much as it would make the band better, or not....)

Comment

I haven't seen Megadeth live in over 10 years, but I would guess that they are playing better shows now because Dave is off the smack At least he says he is, anyway.
      "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Marty is cool but what's with his picking hand? He looks a bit "odd" when he plays guitar...

That and his hair? 2 strikes...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

What's wrong with his hair?

Marty's picking hand seems to be troubling everyone else but Marty. :ROTF:
          -Janne

Comment

Very little relevence to the interview. However, Dave did acknowledge the fact that Schenker was an influence, that he loved The Beatles, and that Al Pitrelli could (and did) play anything by Young, Poland, or Friedman.

NEXT!
            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post

His picking hand is a bit strange to look at, but it works for him. So that's all that matters. But if I look at him pick for too long, I get dizzy...

His hair? I'll let that speak for itself...

How much activator do you think he uses???

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    His picking hand is a bit strange to look at, but it works for him. So that's all that matters. But if I look at him pick for too long, I get dizzy...

His hair? I'll let that speak for itself...

How much activator do you think he uses???
                    At least he looks like he's had a shower and a hair cut! Check this out: Marty the hair ball and Dave looking like a perverted guitar slinging caveman :ROTF:
                    Last edited by levantin; 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Lev,
                      Ha ha! That's a good one...

It does look like Marty is wearing a helmet in that pic though...

Far be it from me to make fun of someones hair though. Seeing as I have none...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP View Post
                        Just a note from what I heard(don't flame)....

Marty taught Becker.

Yes, Marty is much better than Dave, and I would prefer Marty doing what he likes than playing in Megadeth(as much as it would make the band better, or not....)
                        I'm sure he showed him something. I'm sure they both showed each other stuff.
                        Live Jason absolutely without a doubt smoked Marty.
                        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
                          I'm sure he showed him something. I'm sure they both showed each other stuff.
                          Live Jason absolutely without a doubt smoked Marty.
                          Jason stated in a few interviews that Marty was his mentor/teacher. Jason has undoubtedly speed on Marty, but Marty taught Jason more about being unique, following melodies, and that speed isn't everything.

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          Marty is cool but what's with his picking hand? He looks a bit "odd" when he plays guitar...

That and his hair? 2 strikes...
                          Marty picks like that because he likes his notes to ring through (He must be one hell of a clean player), and by picking like that it eliminates all chances of unwanted muting.
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                          X