Fuck UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck UPS

$109.65 charge for a guitar! That's almost 1/4 of what I paid in the first fucking place! What in the fucking hell is that? They charge to ship, and they fucking charge to pickup? I remembered there was a reason why I only buy things shipped USPS... they don't rape you on "brokerage fees". Who the hell is this broker, and why does he make $50 a minute? He sucks ass at his job too, because he just charges 14% to anything, no matter if it's marked gift, present, illegal drugs... anything! That, plus if something is coming into Ontario, where there is a... oh shit, %6 tax! But somehow, gets bumped an extra 8% because it has to travel acouple provinces over... bastards.

Democracy in action?:ROTF: With a little Capitalism thrown in. I'll save you the trouble. STFU. fett.
    Last edited by fett; 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It can easily be read as the plural of "fuck up"
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Thats crazy.... I like when UPS charges 40.00 for a box.
        2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
        2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
        2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
        2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
        2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
        2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
        2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
        2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
        2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
        1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
        1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          It can easily be read as the plural of "fuck up"
          :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I finally got that. Who says Turks don't has a sense of humor? And I just heard about the floods. Be safe.
          Last edited by fett; 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
            $109.65 charge for a guitar! That's almost 1/4 of what I paid in the first fucking place! What in the fucking hell is that? They charge to ship, and they fucking charge to pickup? I remembered there was a reason why I only buy things shipped USPS... they don't rape you on "brokerage fees". Who the hell is this broker, and why does he make $50 a minute? He sucks ass at his job too, because he just charges 14% to anything, no matter if it's marked gift, present, illegal drugs... anything! That, plus if something is coming into Ontario, where there is a... oh shit, %6 tax! But somehow, gets bumped an extra 8% because it has to travel acouple provinces over... bastards.

Hey I'm curious, did they ask if the merchandise was made in the USA? My understanding is that NAFTA forbids duties in that case (and vice versa, Canadian-made products -> USA).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Hey I'm curious, did they ask if the merchandise was made in the USA? My understanding is that NAFTA forbids duties in that case (and vice versa, Canadian-made products -> USA).
              There were no duties, just brokerage fee... what the difference is... you got me.

Comment

The brokerage fee is like a subsidy - UPS pays Canada to deliver instead of handing everything over to a Canadian company or Postal Service to complete the delivery.

Sort of like how the guvmint pays farmers not to grow so much food that everyone can afford to eat, but rather so the prices stay high so fewer people can indulge in the priviledge of eating.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've been fucked too many times the same way. Who the fuck says they have the right to just grab something that belongs to you and hold it for ransom???

Next time this happens i say just grab the package & take it inside, and if the delivery guy is still standing there ask him wtf he wants now. You don't owe him anything.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                    Next time this happens i say just grab the package & take it inside, and if the delivery guy is still standing there ask him wtf he wants now. You don't owe him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                      There were no duties, just brokerage fee... what the difference is... you got me.
                      It's also what they charge to clear the package through customs...just as an FYI if you go by air (expedited or 3 day) the brokerage fees are covered..may as well pay the extra and get it there safer and quicker to boot.. comes out about the same...and yes UPS sucks....

Comment

I've paid a LOT MORE in brokerage fee's then 100$ over the years, but then I learned how to beat the system

First lesson, ONLY use USPS, no brokerage fee's there. I wont go into my other tricks, but thats a start!

Comment

Ya know, me being the shipper, I don't care about what comes out the back end. However, when I go worldwide I use the USPS. That's what I have leaned.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Ya know, me being the shipper, I don't care about what comes out the back end. However, when I go worldwide I use the USPS. That's what I have leaned.
                            I tried to ship the guitar to Freyr via USPS, but it was a Rhoads case packed in a box just big enough to fit it with room for some packing peanuts. USPS has a limit of 108 combined inches, and that damn thing measured in at 112. So, they wouldn't touch it.

Comment

Yep. That's their limit. All I can say is UPS will ship wood snow shoes.:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X