Fuck UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    Yep. That's their limit. All I can say is UPS will ship wood snow shoes.:ROTF:
    Wha? Some kind of underground railroad for guitars sneaking into Canada going on up there?!?

Comment

No. Real whopper wood snow shoes.:ROTF:
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well you have to buy fuel for the truck, you have to pay the driver, UPS has to buy the airplanes so thats why. It cost lots of money to move stuff around the world.Brokers deal with the customs and other B.S involved and they have to be paid.Free enterprise at its best welcome to the real word sprout.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Hey I'm curious, did they ask if the merchandise was made in the USA? My understanding is that NAFTA forbids duties in that case (and vice versa, Canadian-made products -> USA).

Rather than deal with that nasty duty/tarrif idea the Canadian government dropped it and decided it would be much more lucrative to just charge every Canadian provincial and federal taxes (~14-15%) on everything that gets imported.

This all happened at about the same time the GST was implemented (our 6%/7% federal tax). Everyone seems so surprised the government keeps producing surplus after surplus. 4 liberal governments in a row couldn't even waste the windfall of tax revenues fast enough.

Pretty funny when you think about it. I think duty used to be 1% on musical instruments.

Comment

I tried to ship the guitar to Freyr via USPS, but it was a Rhoads case packed in a box just big enough to fit it with room for some packing peanuts. USPS has a limit of 108 combined inches, and that damn thing measured in at 112. So, they wouldn't touch it.
            I wonder what the dimensions would be if you just wrappped the Rhoads and its hsc in brown shipping paper and taped the hell out of it? Might sound scary, but anything that will break through the case, the cardboard box and peanuts aren't stopping it either. Might reduce the dimensions just enough to make the USPS limits....

I think of this because I've heard of people receiving their guitars in the case with nothing but tape around the case to make sure it didn't pop open, and the guitar was fine. Pissed 'em off, but the guitars were fine.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              I wonder what the dimensions would be if you just wrappped the Rhoads and its hsc in brown shipping paper and taped the hell out of it? Might sound scary, but anything that will break through the case, the cardboard box and peanuts aren't stopping it either. Might reduce the dimensions just enough to make the USPS limits....

I think of this because I've heard of people receiving their guitars in the case with nothing but tape around the case to make sure it didn't pop open, and the guitar was fine. Pissed 'em off, but the guitars were fine.
              My guess is that would increase the chances of damage pretty significantly. I've had the edges on those cases get cracked on me before, which kind of sucks. I guess you just have to pay the piper if you want to ship Rhoads and King V's around.

Comment

My guess is that would increase the chances of damage pretty significantly. I've had the edges on those cases get cracked on me before, which kind of sucks. I guess you just have to pay the piper if you want to ship Rhoads and King V's around.
                +1 I have had 3 RR/KV cases damaged this year alone shipping through UPS. They were in the Jackson factory boxes. If they are not padded real well and bumped, the aluminum extrusions get bent and the ABS plastic breaks if the blow is direct enough. The cases must be packed with sufficient padding to make it. Bad news for the large cases as the box will be oversize. Bummer, but it's a fact.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, when I went to pick the guitar up, I was appalled at how badly they treat packages... although, that should be no big surprise. It's a good thing Axeweilder packed the guitar up so securely... I think I fell over when the guitar arrived in tune :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X