No announcement yet.

The Rock Band pay check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Canberra the minimum we play for would be $700 for the four of us and we like to get $800 just to be even. This can range from $700 for 3 or 4 sets of covers to $800 for 3 or 4 sets too.

Weddings/big party's are better, we are doing a Christmas party for a company for a little over $1500, where we aren't the only entertainment.

We are a pretty damn good band, there are some pretty average ones around here.

I have played for very little in the past and $400 for the night was the norm. I like getting out to play, and some compensation for it is a big bonus, especially with all the gear we use. We provide our own PA everytime, but sometimes we don't have to so we don't.

When you think about it, there's a lot of work into putting and keeping a band together. All that practice, the gear you bought and showing up before the gig to set up, and packing up afterwards. You don't just show up to do the sets and walk out.

Some gigs I do finish at 12 and I'm home by 1am, some finish at 2am and I'm home by 3.

Comment

Playing originals in a big city is difficult to make cash unless you've got a big following or your a big name, regardless of what style of music you're playing. No draw = No cash and chances are you'll not be asked back.

Comment

Working...
      X