No announcement yet.

Guitar Center black Friday deal 11/23/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were you working Friday? The Lombard location was friggin insane when I got there around 8:30am. There was a nice used Charvel hanging on the wall saying last chance on the tag.....yours?

Comment

At mine they said it didn't count on used gear. There was a used Blue Voodoo 60 tagged at 299 that I might have bought if it did count.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        At mine they said it didn't count on used gear. There was a used Blue Voodoo 60 tagged at 299 that I might have bought if it did count.
        Did the fine print state not for used gear?
        2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
        2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
        2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
        2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
        2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
        2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
        2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
        2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
        2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
        1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
        1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

How is this sale any different from the normal "GUITAR CENTER 3 DAY BLOWOUT SALE" that they have every weekend???

Fuck Guitar Center. Even at 20% off...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

No used gear, no Mesa or a few other brands.

Comment

I went to the one here in town and got some PA gear for the club. Luckily there wasn't some monster line. However, I walked up to the front door at about 10 till 8. When they opened the doors at 8 there was about 200 people in line behind me.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I was working friday. But i didnt start till 2. I opted for the late shift that day. So i could sleep off the turkey. Plus im not really a morning person. lol
                And just for the record. We dont have a store in Lombard. It's in Villa Park. The evil empire has one in Lombard though. lol
                No the copper head charvel wasn't mine. But i think its still there. at least it was on friday when we closed. I have weekends off.
                Bengal. This sale differs fro as you put it all the other blow out sales every weekend. By this actually being a blowout sale. Alot of the gear was sold at below actual cost. The sales every weekend are just a rotation of the regular priced items with some mark downs for attention. The other holiday sales (ie memorial day) are also discounted heavily. But this is the first time we've had the go ahead from corperate to drop the prices this low before. If it was used and older than a year it got moved out. We took some serious hits on a few pieces. I wont go into detail but 1500 dollar loses on a few things. Just to move them. And make room for the new stuff commin in. I could tell ya more but then id have to kill ya.. lol
                Gil

Comment

I went to two of the DC-area stores on Friday with 20%-off coupon in hand. Problem was, nothing at all was marked down, the sale indeed only applied to new gear, and the only new stuff I'd be interested in would still be unaffordable even at 20% off. I was hoping for a couple of blowout items or such, but nada. The only thing that GC appeared to do for Black Friday in the DC area was to send out the 20% coupons and move all of the Squier starter packs up to the front of the store so that the soccer moms could find them more easily. Very disappointing. Perhaps there will be some real sales as we get closer to Xmas...

Comment

My wife called at 8AM and told them she had doctor's appointment so we couldn't come in until noon or so. They put a X3 Live on layaway for us and we went in around 1 and had no trouble getting the 20% off.

Comment

i picked up a American Fender Strat for $516. was $989 on sale for $646 plus the 20%. it a 3 color sunburst with a maple fret board. i still have not thank the wife for the xmas gift she don't know she got me!
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Strange hearing about the 20% not applying to used gear. I saw a couple of guys get some awesome deals on used stuff at the Plymouth Meeting store in PA. It was a fucking madhouse in there by the way.

I bought a set of pickups for my LP and my wife a piano. I did it in two separate transactions and got the 20% off twice.

-Steve
                        Last edited by UFORocks; 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                        X