My local Fire Dept / EMS kicks ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My local Fire Dept / EMS kicks ass

My family had a pretty harsh scare yesterday. The response from our local fire dept / EMS was just amazing. They were here within 3 or 4 minutes, tops. These guys are volunteers! And they just kicked @ss while here. After an ambulance ride to the ER and all day in the hospital, we were very fortunate that everything turned out OK in the end.

I usually send in a donation for their Fire/EMS station's annual fundraiser. You can bet they'll get double that from me next time. ...And I just dropped off a couple of cases of "thank you" at the firehouse, too.

If you don't appreciate your local emergency services, let me tell you that you damn well should.

that's a pretty prompt response! glad to hear everything worked out OK.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

They are good at what they do.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Agreed.... so uh, what happened, to who? (glad he/she/it/they is/are all right... uh, that no one was seriously hurt )
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

glad to hear everyone is ok pat.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a nephew, in New York, that I have known since he was born.
            Life goes by, and next thing you know, he tells me he's passed his medic courses while doing other studies at school, and he's a paramedic.
            It's simpy amazing...this kid I played ball with is suddenly at the giving end of some of the most heroic things we rarely think of, until we need them. My hat's off to him, and all that carry that torch.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
              Agreed.... so uh, what happened, to who? (glad he/she/it/they is/are all right... uh, that no one was seriously hurt )
              It was my wife. I'm sure she would prefer the medical sitch not be posted on an internet board, though. Sorry, but I'm sure you can understand that. There'll be some follow-up required for a while but, right now, things seem OK.

Thanks for the concern and well wishes, guys.

Comment

My local Fire Dept / EMS kicks ass

> Mine does too. When we had our house fire in '98,even though the fire dept. here is only a mile away,they were on the scene in 45 seconds. After they got the fire out,I thanked literally every one of them. Tommy D.
                "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                X