Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rappers...Whassup in da hood?

I know there has to be some redemption in the younger set,
    but here, in the Holiday season, I drag a Peavey combo in the house and do my rock thing, and people under 20 are snickering that the "old man" is
    playing rock...I know I don't suck that bad! But Rock is out...dead...like Hee Haw!
    Rant!

It's that time of season, everyone is into wrapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      I know there has to be some redemption in the younger set,
      but here, in the Holiday season, I drag a Peavey combo in the house and do my rock thing, and people under 20 are snickering that the "old man" is
      playing rock...I know I don't suck that bad! But Rock is out...dead...like Hee Haw!
      Rant!
      What do you expect when that junk is being used to sell everything from McDonald's to phones to condoms (all the things that the kiddies go for these days)?

What gets me is that rap is solid evidence that people will buy whatever is advertised, yet record labels refuse to push quality music and quality bands.

MTV proved that back when they first started up: who else got down to the stuff that in all actuality was just as retarded as rap? I know I did, and it's because I was an MTV stooge, like most kids are today.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am a firm believer that someone could package a turd and find someone else to buy it in America. Remember the pet rock?

I rest my case.

:ROTF:

Comment

i hate today's trends. fuck hip hop

Comment

Rap is an insult to any musician.
            And rap 'artists' are talentless jokes who pretend to be stars.

It is US who laugh at the fads of young people today.
            Rap sucks festering dead bear scrotums
            Strat God Music
            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

fuck Rap music

tbf tho there has been some good stuff, whats stupid is the daft language thesa days and the fact that rnb these days is someone poorly attempting to be mariah cary or mary j blige or whatver and just singing over a drum beat about alist of what thyey did that day - its dull its lift music..

bring back jazzy jeff and the fresh prince say i !!

Comment

I have 2 kids ages 23 and 18, they both listen to Maiden, Scorps, Dave era Van Halen, Bon era AC/DC, and all the other 80s jams I have around the house, so there's not much rap or hip hop round here. With that being said, I don't hate rap or ghetto, I just choose not to listen to it. There are a couple talented fellows out there but i would much rather listen to two guitars Harmonize than listen to a bunch of heavy bass rythms.

Comment

I'm not close minded like some here. I can see some tallent in it. It may not be my thing but to each his own. Don't like it, don't listen to it...

Seems like we have another Fett on our hands here...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

what does that mean?

Comment

There's only one fett, and he kicks ass

Comment

Closed-mindedness has absolutely nothing to do with it. I listen to a wide variety of styles of music - Big Band Swing, 50s Rock, 80s Metal, Classic Rock, Classical - I even like Supertramp, ELO, and Adam and the Ants. The only Country I can tolerate is Johnny Cash, though I did grow up listening to Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Jim Reeves, Charley Pride, and Elvis (but since those remind me too much of my late mother, I don't listen to them anymore).
                        And I like 60s RnB as well.

That junk they're turning out today is not music. It's not musical. It takes no investment of time or money to learn an instrument. All it takes is a handful of words that sound alike and reading a sequencer manual.

Today's "RnB" is more about "WhoaaOOoooohh" and other fake "feeling" vocals.

Compare the Supremes to Destiny's Child. Compare Donna Summer to Mary J Blige.

Today's RnB "singing" is technical, not emotional. It's all about "as long as you hit these notes and sing in this key and throw in this "ooh baby" and a few "woowooWOOoo"s you're singing.

Maybe you noticed that you simply cannot get away with playing a scale and call it a solo? Same thing here. You cannot simply sing the notes of a scale and call it "singing". You have to have something behind it - some sort of humanity driving it, not just technical knowledge of theory and notes. Even the Classical masters knew this, which is why there are some who were simply better than others. Salieri was a great technical composer. He knew the scales, modes, and all that theory, but Mozart added emotion to it.

That's why you hear Mozart and not Salieri.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post

what does that mean?
                          Yeah. I resemble that remark. In fact, the other day I was thinking about all those people on TV. Who are they? And where did they all come from? While I don't like rap or hip hop or the way it is pandering to our yoots, I have to give them credit for doing what they are doing whether I like it or not. That's why God made remotes.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Check out the Roots....if you don't see any talent there something's wrong!

Comment

Aint nuthin' but a G thang...
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X