• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wassup E..

Ya know, it's all muthafuggin good!!

"Italian Ice" in da hizzzouse!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Based on your typing skills as they are now and the thought, you have bigger issues than worrying about little fett. Take care.
      Now Fett, look at your post here. If the kid was thinking like you, he might think you just dissed him right after he took up for you. Not cool, right?

But I'm sure he realizes that you're kidding, and just ribbing a bro - just like people here like to rib you.

I doubt that ANYONE here dislikes you, man. You have personality and your posts are funny. But you DO have a very identifiable style, which people rib you for. Out of affection, not animus.

Just sayin'....
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nobody ever ribs me..

Does that sound gay..yes, it does..doesn't it?

ribbed for my pleasure..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          ..I wrote way too much to get buried.

That was my second post attempt..my PC crashed on my first one..which was actually more elaborate!
          I'll quote this post instead of the big one to save bandwidth!

I thought that was a great post, Bill. Very insightful and understanding if the different views of different subcultures. What we have in common is the need to be true to our own.

I just like the Ray Charles quote because it pisses people off, and yet you really can't diss Ray Charles back! He's an icon. It's checkmate in its way, though it also points out the generational aspect. "These kids today and their noise! THAT's not music!"

Exactly what our folks said about our music, and what we've said about some of today's youngsters' music of numerous genres.

It's all about the music that gets you laid, that's where your heart will always be. Especially the stuff that FIRST got you laid.

Hell, I even learned to like Hotel California, which I never cared for - because I picked up a chick at the gig once and she said the way I played that song made her decide to fuck me! So thanks to The Eagles for that piece of ass, even though the song itself bored me!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

.. Rich, that would have been a great story for Joe Walsh.

Alot of you guys remember when I was constantly on my anti-rap soapbox. Man, I got alot of shit for that..some prolly still hate me for that..but that's OK.

At that time we didn't have the choices we take for granted today. I can't belive people have forgotten where we were just a few years ago..There was ZERO metal, solos, guitar, on TV commercials, media, nada, zilch, nuthin'..and if it did there was Rap mixed in the formula.

That's how I got versed in metal. Popular music drove me deep underground where the sea of metal was vast. Now it's infinite, thanks to pro tools and a new generation raising the bar on virtuocity, speed, technique, brutality and so on..

My intention was to bring Sweden to Cleveland with my band..for the love of At The Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquilty, Arch Enemy, Darkane and so on. If I were to release the material I've been working on for years ..everyone would think I was copying everyone else. Just another crappy metal band. That took alot of wind out of my sails. It was hard enough to be original when there was only a million metal bands out there..now there's billions. Some newer bands are making my favorite not-so-old metal bands sound dated.

Everyone and their mommy sounds like At The Gates...or Slayer..which equals Lamb Of God and the like.

My wish was a double edged sword. I wanted metal to come back, it certainly did..with a vengeance. Not long ago I always found the new Helloween, Grave Digger, Ark, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear ect in dollar bins. I couldn't believe I found the new Cage cd for a dollar last week..that has not happened in a LONG time. If any used cd even looks "metal" it goes for big money now. There is 90's rap in the dollar bins now..hahahahaa, tag you're it!!!

There is dedicated "heavy metal" sections in most music stores now. It used to be "Popular/Rock" and a huge "Rap/R&B" section..now it's pretty even steven..as it should be.

I don't want it to be ALL metal..then it wouldn't be special anymore. Who in the fuck would have thought re-hashed At The Gate riffs would be so tired or tedious 7 years ago..way too many bands doing it now..including me.

Bands that I thought were gay because they never play solos..are playing solos because it's popular. To me that is still "selling out"..basically, just trying to keep up with everyone else...bahhh..bahhhh ..and the sheople love it!

That would be like if Britney changed her image. Wore some metal bullshit, had a killer band assembled for her and does death vox..it'll prolly happen, if this metal thing keeps up...that's when I'll quit!
            Last edited by horns666; 11-26-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

When we're done here, can we start a post making fun of Country???????
              I'd like that a big heap.....
              Strat God Music
              http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I hate Country..my father hates country..my mom hates country..and my wife hates country. I knew this guy who like country once. He smelled of beer, cigarettes and Pee...j/king..:ROTF:

Johnny Cash was cool..other than that..fuggit.

Oh, "chicken pickin'" is neat too..but I don't care to hear it...fuggit.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                  When we're done here, can we start a post making fun of Country???????
                  I'd like that a big heap.....
                  Make fun of country music all you want but you'll have a hard time making fun of the guitar players - most of those guys will smoke your average rock guitar player.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Rock geetar players smell like pee too..

Comment

All I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom on your boom boom.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Now Fett, look at your post here. If the kid was thinking like you, he might think you just dissed him right after he took up for you. Not cool, right?

But I'm sure he realizes that you're kidding, and just ribbing a bro - just like people here like to rib you.

I doubt that ANYONE here dislikes you, man. You have personality and your posts are funny. But you DO have a very identifiable style, which people rib you for. Out of affection, not animus.

Just sayin'....
                        Yeah. I was concerned about him and it may have not come across that way. Typing the real intent can be a bitch sometimes.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          Yeah. I was concerned about him and it may have not come across that way. Typing the real intent can be a bitch sometimes.
                          That is true..you could say "pass the salt" 200 different ways. Intent is hard to convey in text sometimes.

Comment

pass the salt motherfucka

Comment

Can I unscrew the cap first?:ROTF:
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Only part way so that it looks like it's still on. I like my food real salty

Comment

Working...
                                X