Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUIET RIOT Singer KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52

found this on the web today

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow."

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

In 2004, DuBrow recorded a collection of cover versions for his first solo album, "In for the Kill".

QUIET RIOT's latest studio CD, "Rehab", was released on October 3, 2006. The lineup on the album was Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Neil Citron. Legendary singer Glenn Hughes also made a guest vocal appearance on the LP.

Wow.....

Comment

Sad....
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

shit....an i was all excited before i read this coz EXTREME ARE REFORMING....

thats really sudden and unexpected. i only read interviews with him fairly recently...shame, i like quiet riot, tho i think they didn't really get great till towards the end of his tenure and into the paul shortino album QRIII and QR/QR were my fave albums. the 'first' one was good enuff, but they got really stale on condition critical, III was a big step towards a great direction with tracs like the wild and the young and rise or fall...

Comment

Sucks..saw QR in '83..belly to the stage.

wow..

RIP Kevin..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Aw man, It really sucks to hear this. RIP Kevin.

Comment

Comment

This sucks.

I am getting old, no 2 ways about it...

RIP KD.

Comment

Damn, that is sad news. RIP, Kevin.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Bummer. RIP

Comment

Sad news indeed

Comment

Damn. RIP.

Comment

Damn that is sad. I was in my car the other day and on one of the channels Slick Black Cadillac came on, I was like turn it up haven't heard this in a long time.

QR will always remind me of being in 5th and 6th grade, and great times in the park after school.

RIP Kevin.
                          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

wow that sad..saw him and quiet riot on the rock never stops tour and they put on one hell of a show

Comment

R.i.p.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X