QUIET RIOT Singer KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG thats so sad.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Also saw them, twice. Once with Riot, and Rainbow, for sure, and
      another time with Scorpions, I think. Dubrow and the band were
      always 110%, a great show.

Comment

Yea man this is sad. I saw them with rainbow too! Great show.

Comment

I remember when Quiet Riot topped the album charts. Everyone used to go off when their songs came on the radio. They really blew the doors open for heavy metal. I was just learning to play guitar back then, and Metal Heath was one of the first songs I learned to play. Those are memories I'll always cherish. We all felt so invincible back then and rock stars like Kevin DuBrow seemed immortal. I never imagined I'd be looking at this day. It really makes you think about how uncertain life is.

RIP Kevin, you'll certainly be remembered for years to come by many.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Sucks..saw QR in '83..belly to the stage.

wow..

RIP Kevin..
            Yeah, me too.... '83 at US Festival...

RIP Kevin
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I never got to see them but "Metal Health" and "Condition Critical" were two cassettes that I listened to quite a bit in high school.

R.I.P. and God bless, Kevin.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I remember my older brother saw them in '83 opening for Sabbath and got a concert shirt (white w/ black baseball sleeves of course -lol). RIP.

Any update on what happened or the cause?
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My jersey was white with red sleeves. I miss those kind of shirts...

Police are now saying he was dead for at least 6 days before being found....

Very sad...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I think he may have "Banged his head"

And before anyone says I'm being disrespectful, I'm not, just looking on the bright side.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Seen em a few times. A pretty good band to see live. They were a lot of fun.

My old cover band back in the day did three or four of their tunes. Bills/Horns seems to hear Carlos in my playing style, I don't see it personally.

RIP man. Another childhood metal icon by the wayside...

Blessed be man...

Comment

Friends band opened for them Apr 29, 2000 in a killer lil club
                        The Attic - Greenville NC

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          I think he may have "Banged his head"
                          And before anyone says I'm being disrespectful, I'm not, just looking on the bright side.
                          I would expect no less, Rsmacker, with all due respect.

Maybe, ok, definitely, us Yanks get too sensitive,
                          but that comment sucked.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Comment

POLICE SAY KEVIN DUBROW WAS DEAD ABOUT SIX DAYS BEFORE BEING DISCOVERED:

November 28, 2007

Police say after a distressed call from family members, Quiet Riot lead singer Kevin Dubrow's next door neighbor and friend kicked down the door to find the 52 year old dead.

Police say Dubrow had been dead for about six days before his body was discovered.

Lori Lee Samson, Dubrow's fiancee, was the last person to see him alive.

She says when days passed, she new something was wrong.

Among the collection of memories, Lori Samson will forever save Dubrow's last words.

"At 2:40 am Monday he texted me I love you so much", Samson says.

His death has sent shockwaves to fans and family.

Samson says she will cherish the last moments spent with him and her son.

She never knew the man she met years ago was a legendary rock star.

Still rocking into his 50's, they celebrated Dubrow's birthday just two weeks ago.

Samson says Dubrow performed for charities, growing more humble with age.

At 52 years old, Quiet Riot's vocalist finally found the one.

The couple was supposed to appear on A&E for a roast of Gene Simmons.

The coroner's office is now investigating the exact cause of death.

Samson says something fans never knew is that alcohol was not allowed backstage at their concerts.

This was in support of band members' struggle with sobriety.

Comment

She never knew the man she met years ago was a legendary rock star.

que? she didn't know he was famous? eh?

that is a sad story, i feel sorry for her
                              Last edited by sonicsamurai; 11-29-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I opened for QR a few years ago and Kevin spoke at GIT when I was there in 90. Definitely had his music business smarts about him, he was great to listen to.

Are there any more developments on the cause of death? He was pretty young...
                                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                                X