No announcement yet.

No TIPS for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a very good tipper. I've only stiffed a waiter 2 or 3 times in my life - that's for really bad service.

I worked in restaurants for years. Waiters get no special sympathy from me. It's a job, you took it, so you should perform it to the best of your abilities. You don't get to neglect me and assume you'll get a tip. You are not entitled to my money just "because". The fact that some other patron was not so easy to deal with is not my fault - I have worked with many shitheads and dealt with many asshole customers too so get over it.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

On this topic.

I think I'm more on the same page with Mr. Pink in "Resevoir Dogs".. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6NcjPxkv7vA

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Anyone who is working as a servant gets my respect if they are polite to me. Respect should be mutual. I have never been a waiter and I have turned down jobs working with the public because I know there is always going to be a prick who thinks he can take out his frustration on me because he thinks I’m someone’s employee. Well fuck that! Anyone who pulls that shit with me is in for a tongue lashing and maybe a punch in the nose, but that’s just me. However, as I said, I do have a lot of respect people who work as servants because they put up with so much shit, and I think they should be financially compensated for their trouble, so as long as they’re not intentionally rude to me I always leave a good tip.

Comment

Here's a good one:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Last edited by MikeStrat; 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Thanks dude, I have to get that movie!!

That dude is a dick at Applebees in Talladega Nights too!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

When I get stopped by the Police for speeding, I always make sure I stuff a nice crisp £50 in the officer's tunic pocket, as a tip. Not for anything other than the fact that he is doing his best in a shitty job, and I appreciate the service he has given me and the community.

OK, so there may be the odd upcoming trial I am involved in, which may be based around the accusation that I have been attempting to bribe police officers, but I'm not worried. Nah, I'll just tip my Brief to make sure he has a word with the Beak in Chambers and makes it all go away.

Tipping is for good service. If you look like you are paying attention, even if rushed off your feet, at least trying to look like you give a shit, there is a chance I'll tip. If I have to wait for my food, but someone comes over and apologises unbidden, just to remind me I'm not forgotten, that'll keep me sweet, I realise that it's not all the waiting staff's fault. I don't like being expected to tip though.

If I get shite service, I'll complain to the management, not necessarily to get a discount, but to make my feelings clear, maybe get someone's arse kicked.

Here's a tip - Don't rely on someone's goodwill, they might think you are a cunt.

(That one was free too)
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Dude, you're gonna tip your way right into the slammer..

But I can appreciate your generousity!!!

That's prohibited biz in my parts. We always think it be may be a possible set up by a fed..they do that!!!

BTW "Here's a tip - Don't rely on someone's goodwill, they might think you are a cunt."..very nice!!!

Comment

Those people are doing a job and for a job well done they should be compensated and/or rewarded. Whichever way you want to look at it.
                  I typically leave the std. 15% and 20%. During the holidays I do 20% to 25% and the other day I tipped my waiter at Hooters 35% great service and the nicest pair of tetas I've seen in a while.

The only time I've walked out without tipping a cent was in Planet Hollywood, San Francisco. Horrible experience.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Joe is generous at Hooters.

So, what happened at Planet Hollywood..

Comment

It sucked dude, missed half the stuff we asked for (i.e. burger raw and bloody instead of med-well, etc.) It took forever to get it back, probably spit upon and all that.
                      No drink refills, ordered dessert and seemed like they milked the cow for the ice cream and traveled on a donkey to a mexican coco farm to get the chocolate for the brownie. When we asked where we were with the dessert (I had to go back to the hotel to continue the conference I was at) she said so smart ass coment and kept on walking.
                      Just a shitty lunch experience.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Joe is generous at Hooters.
                        I had a waiter today at The Winghouse that was drop dead gorgeous, My Lord!!! I wanted to give her more than a tip.

Do wee detect a pattern here with my eating habits? I sure can't see one

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          I'm a very good tipper. I've only stiffed a waiter 2 or 3 times in my life - that's for really bad service.

I worked in restaurants for years. Waiters get no special sympathy from me. It's a job, you took it, so you should perform it to the best of your abilities. You don't get to neglect me and assume you'll get a tip. You are not entitled to my money just "because". The fact that some other patron was not so easy to deal with is not my fault - I have worked with many shitheads and dealt with many asshole customers too so get over it.
                          Couldn't have said it better!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Dammit, has anyone cracked the joke about the Rabbi who quit because he couldn't keep the tips?

Well, far be it from me to lower the tone in such a manner......
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

This is a bit off topic but here it goes. This girl came into my store and was selling knock perfumes and colognes. I spent some time talking to her. (she was cute) Since I didn't buy anything from her she asked for a tip for her time. I told her sure "look both ways before you cross the street". She came back the next day and I bought some thing from her.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                So, what happened at Planet Hollywood..
                                No boobies.
                                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                                X