GIggage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIggage!!

Thought i'd post up pics from SPANDEX MILITIA'S debut gig!!

Bit of a baptism of fire to say the least....electricty cut out and eventually came back on an hour after everyone was due to start, had our set cut short, got supplied mic leads but no decent mics, other bands didn't turn up / walked off because the gig was nearly cancelled, and no cover when it was due to rain!! not to mention the drum kick disintegrated midway through our third song!!!

But we got our 15 minutes of fame in, people seemed positive about the songs and the music, but the fact we only managed to scramble a couple of cheap 10 quid mics between the bands caused a few problems, as it was so weak, everyime i turned my head to look at my guitar i went quiet, d'oh!....al in all its experience, and a good one to get out of the way early lol despite the setbacks and factors beyond our control we still played pretty tight and enjoyed ourselves.

Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Looks like you were saddled with some Behringer speakers too. Oh dear.

Never mind, I see you were playing in front of a Students Union. Well, next time, call the band "The David Irvine Appreciation Society", and I guarantee you will have a huge crowd there*

*who might want to rip your arms off, but, hey, winning new fans is what it's all about!
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

"Never mind, I see you were playing in front of a Students Union."

yes. and it as fucking cold too lol!! my hands were purple, but i still managed to shred my ass off!!

Comment

I like the band name, Spandex Militia, although, none of you are wearing any. Great looking RR24.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Rock on dude Rock on !

Nice axe by the way. And i'm diggin the bass players shirt

Comment

yup, can't go rock with a dokken shirt!! i'm bidding on one myself atm

and yes spandex maybe..but i can never find any good stuff..no neaon spandex trouser and no cool aweosme leather trousers...i wan't some, but its hard finding some...

...i'm beggining to get the impression we could be a bit dated

Comment

congratulations bro. even with the troubles looks like a good time nonetheless. Just think how good the next one will be
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Congrats!! Here's to many more to come!!

Comment

Leather pants:

http://www.internationalmale.com/dep...ept%5Fid=10280

Mine are red =P

Comment

I can't say I told you so, so I won't...
                      Congrats! Reminds me of my "Pig Gig" days, when
                      we had a whopping crowd of about 20 people, playing a barn party!
                      At least we got paid, a little.

Comment

That's cool..all is good. You got to have a little fun and discovered where any weak links were live.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          That's cool..all is good. You got to have a little fun and discovered where any weak links were live.
                          yeah, shame very few of them were ours...if the bandsoc had organised it then yeah woulda been great, but sadly it was organised by some other guy, who i don't think really new what he was doing....

Comment

Working...
                          X