Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

Some of you may rememeber that my current Job has been a big stressor in my life recently. Well my boss moved on to something new, and I thought things would get better under new management. As it turns out the new management is even worse

Anyway, I have a job interview today! And better yet it's with another organization inside the company, so if I get the job it'll work out as an inter-company transfer and I'll get to keep all my benefits.

Im pretty excited, but Im scared to call the guy. I haven't interviewed for a job in almost 8 years!

Wish me luck!

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Good luck Don't worry about the interview just stay calm.
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

God luck, Steve. Don't be scared. You can do it. Just put it all out there and knock 'em dead.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good Luck! Now call that guy and ace the interview........
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Fingers X'd For U.

Comment

Good luck, though you won't need it since you're just that good!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I hope it works out for you. It has been that long for me as well since my last job interview. I am not sure I am ready to go back to work just yet. It has been about 6 months but an income sure would be nice. There is nothing worst than going to a job you dont enjoy because of some @hole.
              Best of luck,
              Scott
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Good luck Steve!

I was in the same situation for 10 years, so I know how you feel! Just be yourself (and don't over-talk if you get nervous!), you'll do fine!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Good luck!! Relax, you'll do fine.

Comment

So I smoked about 6 cigs and finally called the guy. I cant remember the last time I was this nervous about something, and the cigs did nothing but make me shakey in addition to being nervous.

The guy ended up being really cool, and the job sounds totally awesome. It's a windows computer engineer position that pays slightly more than I'm making now. As it turns out 1/2 the people on this guys team are engineers that I worked with back when I was an operator several years ago, and apparently they all gave good recommendations.

The guy told me he thinks I would be a good fit for the team, and he set up a technical interview for Wednesday next week at 3pm, which is really just a meet and greet to see if I get along with the existing team. Now I just have to figure out how to tell my current boss that I need to take ANOTHER day off. I just worked from home the entire week, so asking for more time away from the office doesnt look good. But with any luck it wont really matter anyway.

Im excited I need to celebrate.

-Steve
                    Guitars:
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Department managers know who among them is a jerk, so if your potential new boss knows your current new boss, I'm sure he knows what's what.

Just don't burn any bridges. You may yet end up working for the same guy down the road, and some people are just childish enough to hold professional grudges.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good luck and I hope you get a Christmas gift (a new job) a few weeks early.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

It sucks to leave a job, but if things are bad enough you have no choice. If you get the job, I hope your old employer offers you more to stay. It is really satisfying to say no to a boss at a job that sucks.

Been there, done that. Good luck!

Comment

Sounds like a great opportunity. Best of luck bro!
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

20 minutes and counting until I hit the road. I haven't been very productive today at all, I've been anxious about this all morning.

-Steve

P.S. And of course, of all days it has to be this one that it snows.
                              Guitars:
                              Amp:
                              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                              X