R.I.P Evel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Evel

I was born in 72 so when I was little growing up this man was everywhere. Used to have all the little toys of his motorcycles and rocket. Remember watching him jump the Caesars Palace fountains on t.v.. Always sad to see someone who was larger than life(to a little kid anyway) pass.

R.I.P Evel
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Death of an Icon .. Sad day.I have the scramble van upstairs on a shelf that he autographed to me ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I was just reading about that. RIP Evel.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

RIP Evel. Just saw this. http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This has been a rough week... I always thought Evel was awesome. R.I.P.

Comment

When I was a kid he was my hero. I tore myself up jumping ramps on my first bike that had ape hangers and a banana seat trying to be like him. RIP

Comment

R.I.P., sir
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Damn, def a childhood icon. RIP EK.

Comment

I can't even count the amount of cuts and and scrapes and lumps and bruises I took on my bike trying to be this guy. One of a kind, never be another...

RIP Evel...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Man, he was my idol growing up. I used to try and jump everything when I was a kid. I also had all the toys. What a shame.

Comment

I thought I was Evel when I jumped the neighborhood record of
                      7 car tires and a lounge chair back in the early 70's.
                      R.I.P. Mr Knievel

Comment

RIP Evel.

Remember that crank-operated launcher for the toy EK action figure/motorcycle? You could get that sucker going pretty fast across the living room. Great way to annoy Mom!

I remember when EK tried to jump the Snake River Canyon in that rocket thingy. Seemed like a really bad idea, even to a 6-year-old.

Comment

Busted my nuts trying to be like Evel. Pissed blood for one day from being inspired to bunny hop over a long concrete gap, fell a little short, nuts landed square on my bike's top post, and realized that there can only be one Evel courtesy of my aching, purple balls! Thank you for the scars and the inspiration to take flight Mr. Evel Knievel. Much respect. R.I.P.
                          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

It seems like everybody loved Evel Knievel back in the day. All the kids in my neighborhood were jumping ramps like it was going out of style. One kid almost killed himself trying to jump over a pickup truck. It seems so ghey now. I have to laugh just thinking about it.

Anyway, I remember watching him jump the Snake River Canyon on television, and I saw him jump a shitload of trucks in 1973 at the thrill show here in Philadelphia, and yes he made it.

It’s a shame heros have to die too. RIP Evel

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                              RIP Evel.

Remember that crank-operated launcher for the toy EK action figure/motorcycle? You could get that sucker going pretty fast across the living room. Great way to annoy Mom!
                              Ha Haaaaaaa! I loved that thing. I know somebody who still has one. When I saw it I instantly turned 6 years old again. I'll bet they go for a fortune on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X