X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strap pressure on a nerve? Circulation?

Vass

Comment

I think you just lose your focus of sight , because seeing is not the primary work you do, while playing.You focus more on your playing,and maybe, the muscles attached to the lenses lose their tension, a bit.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I experience the same thing. It's not real bad at all but, definately noticeable. And it usually occurs about 45 mins. to an hour after I start playing. It also clears after about 10 minutes.

I thought it was just me but, after reading this I guess not.

Comment

are you guys blinking/closing your eyes like you normally do?
          maybe if you concendrate too much, your eyes are opened too long and therefore your eyeballs are too dry because there's not enough juice on them... that can cause pain, itching or blurry vision
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

There is a specific condition that can cause this if you are looking down or to one side consistantly. It has something to do with the carotid artery and restricted blood flow. I knew a guy in the military that had it years ago. Funny thing, a month or two ago I saw a program on televison where this doctor way trying to figure out why this dude kept passing out on his wife. Ended up she was cutting off his blood flow and he was going unconscious, LOL.
            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Good point Endrik! It could be because of that.

Comment

I blink normally when I play but, now that ripley7t mentions it, I do hang my head lower/down when I'm playing alone and kind of "Zone" out. Hmm... very interesting.

Comment

It wouldn't be strap pressure for me, I experience this while seated.
                  I'm a bit inclined to agree, Madness, ripley might have it right. I'll have to
                  experiment a bit. But the vision loss clears rather quickly, 5 to ten minutes.

Comment

It happens when I sit as well.

Comment

when i play my vision becomes blurry, i sometimes drool.. and i always make weird vai style faces... happens to everyone
                      If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

So according to this thread, vision loss from wanking isn't related to the spooge, it's the movement of the hand, which is similar to picking.

Great! Guitarists invent new scientific theory! Let's send it to CNN and see if they'll read it on the air
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Make a visit to your optometrist. He could probably give you the most likely reason. It can't hurt to get your eyes checked. If it turns out you have glaucoma, you could be one of those lucky few to have a prescription for smoking weed.
                          Last edited by excon; 12-03-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I often get dizzy for short moments when i stop practicing to look at my console/amp settings. Kind of like i'm going to lose consciousness for just a split second. Most of the time i'm looking at my left hand when i play, but sometimes i'm looking at my position & technique in the mirror.

Then again i already do have nervous system / concentration / CFS issues, and take medications for them which help a lot.
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              So according to this thread, vision loss from wanking isn't related to the spooge, it's the movement of the hand, which is similar to picking.

Great! Guitarists invent new scientific theory! Let's send it to CNN and see if they'll read it on the air
                              no, it's not related to the movement of the hand. It's due to the angle of your head pinching on your carotid & restricting blood flow while wanking. So spend less time looking down at your cock and you should be fine. Tip your head back and you won't go blind - make sure this news gets out to all teenage boys ASAP
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

When I'm playing guitar hero3 (depending on how long I'm playing) I experience blurry vision. You know, staring at the TV set for so long will cause your vision to blur a bit.
                                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                                X