X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Canadians here?

Hey fellow Canadians, Toronto here.

This is my early morning rant:

Why do we pay so much for gear, when the exchange rate is on par?

Why do I get prison raped by UPS on brokerage fees?

Why does it take 3 hours to cross the boarder?

Why are the used gear classifieds a joke in Canada? i.e. Craigslist, Kijiji. Used gear typically go for more than new

Why does the government make it so difficult for me to import a car, even though it was assembled in the Ontario plant?

Why do we have so much dam snow?

NAFTA my ass !

So where does everyone else buy they're gear?

Any Canadians here?

> Take off,eh. LOL,Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Why do we have so many whiners in our population?............

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post

Why are the used gear classifieds a joke in Canada? i.e. Craigslist, Kijiji. Used gear typically go for more than new

Why does the government make it so difficult for me to import a car, even though it was assembled in the Ontario plant?

NAFTA my ass !

Hahaha, I know what you mean man. I pretty much buy most of my gear from the US. Most of the time, even with shipping and after being ass raped by brokerage fees, it's still cheaper than buying from a fellow Canadian. I find the same thing about Kijiji, and anywhere else Canadians are trying to sell stuff. They all want top dollar for their gear. On top of that, when I try to sell something in Canada, everyone wants to buy it for dirt cheap. You wouldn't believe the idiots I get emailing me with ultra-low-ball offers. Fuck them all. I will buy my gear from the US at a reasonable price, and keep it forever.

Here's a tip though. When buying from the US, ask if they will ship USPS. That way you avoid the brokerage fees. Oh yeah, fuck UPS too.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

+1 on everything you said¤¢£±@¢£%!!!!!

At least we don't have earthquakes, or terrorist bombers.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

My first guess is that we are a wee bit smaller in population than our southern brothers...and i'm pretty sure we make the snow up here and ship it south

Comment

How's the weather? Here in Edmonton its been cold the last week. Snow too.

PS.
              Say no to UPS and Fedex!
              "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
              Zakk Wylde

Comment

Yeah, take off 'ya hoser.

I like the snow...

Comment

It's -15 here is Sylvan Lake, Alberta right now. Cold, but not terrible.

I mostly buy used gear either here or on Ebay. Walk into a Canadian guitar shop and expect to pay at least 25-30% more.

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post

NAFTA my ass !

Canadians pay the "idiot tax" on everything in order to live here. Thats just the way it is - its never been any different. Musical instrument wise we are a tiny market that no one gives a shit about.

eBay is usually the best way to go if the seller ships USPS.

I'm 30 minutes away from the border and used to have a mailbox at a UPS store state side for receiving stuff from ebay tards that can't fathom shipping to another country. Was working great - until the wait times at the border hit 2-5 hours to discourage Canadians from cross border shopping.

I was going to get a Nexus pass but there is something a tad un-nerving about Homeland security having your fingerprints and retina scan on file.

Comment

Canuck through and through over here.

I say fuck UPS and Fedex too. If someone won`t ship with the postal service, fuck `em. Just take yer business elsewhere.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I've gotten so discouraged with craigslist and kijiji. Fuck all that. I'll wait till the end of the Christmas season to sell what I've got and look for what I want.

Idiots all over the place; if they're trying to sell something, it's worth no less than 10% more than what they paid for it, and if they're buying, it's a ridiculous lowball offer.

Bah.

Comment

Hey you musta liked this week for snow, since we got a decent dump. Hardly a record breaker but its been a long time since we got this much before x-mas. Last year there was none. The ski hills and skidoo shops must be glad, since last year there the season lasted about 8 days total.

You pay that much for gear because... you keep paying for it. Retailers ain't stupid. Quit buying for a while, everyone. Prices would drop in a flash.

Comment

Canadian here too.... Fighting out of Hamilton Ontario.

Zombie

Comment

One more freezing his ass off over here in the land of strong beer and hockey pucks ........expecting UPS rapage at any moment........
                              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Working...
                              X