Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Nintendo planning a Wii shortage or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post
    1-2 decent games not made by Nintendo.
    There are over 600 games for it, but a few that come to mind...

Guitar Hero III
    Resident Evil 4
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2
    Madden NFL '07

Just a few... but yea.. there are plenty of cool games for it.
    -Rick

Comment

He said decent games
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        There are over 600 games for it, but a few that come to mind...

Guitar Hero III
        Resident Evil 4
        Medal of Honor Heroes 2
        Madden NFL '07

Just a few... but yea.. there are plenty of cool games for it.
        I'll give you Medal of Honor, but the other ones are just ports from other systems.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        He said decent games

Btw, do you mind if I use the "-Rick" thing you got going on?
        Last edited by anuske9; 12-04-2007, 02:23 PM.
        -Adam

Comment

Nintendo decided a years ago when they put out the Game Cube to target the younger crowd. I have played a few games on Wii that were a blast and there are others I would like to try. To elementry aged game players a Wii has the best games out there. I personally would rather have a PS3 for the games that I like to play.

Comment

I'm just waiting for someone to make a game system that costs $1200 so the damn 12-year-olds can't get near it, that way we can finally have decent mature-gamer games with lots of blood, guts, gore, death and destruction and all that other good stuff but the parents can't sue anyone because their kids shouldn't have it anyway
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              He said decent games
              Hey... those are "decent" games.
              He didn't say "great" games.

As for them being ports, 90% of the games out there were ported from one system or another.

Hell, most of the first person shooters started off as PC games.

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post
              Btw, do you mind if I use the "-Rick" thing you got going on?
              Not sure I follow you.
              "Rick" is my name.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                Nintendo decided a years ago when they put out the Game Cube to target the younger crowd. To elementry aged game players a Wii has the best games out there.
                Nintendo's philosophy seems to be that "If we can't beat them, lets alienate the core gamers, and sell systems to their wifes and kids". The Wii has appeal, something the Gamecube never had. I believe you could equate this time period to 1976 in music. I'm not saying I'm right, but I just have a bad feeling about all of this.
                -Adam

Comment

Hey... those are "decent" games.
                  He didn't say "great" games.

As for them being ports, 90% of the games out there were ported from one system or another.

Hell, most of the first person shooters started off as PC games.

Not sure I follow you.
                  "Rick" is my name.
                  Some interesting stuff here:

No reason to buy a Wii in my book. Except Zelda.
                  Last edited by anuske9; 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM.
                  -Adam

Comment

Well let's face it... there are more "part time" gamers out there then "hardcore" gamers.
                    The Wii is "mom friendly" and is more likely to be purchased by people with less disposable income.

I can afford a 360 and a PS3, but I'm not into gaming to warrant such a purchase. Sure they can out perform a Wii without breaking a sweat, but again... I don't need that kind of horse power for casual gaming.

The Wii fit the bill nicely for me and my family.

Sony and Microsoft can only dream of moving 1.5 to 1.8 million units per month.
                    -Rick

Comment

The wii is available here in the Netherlands.. it was only sold out when it launched. It costs 250 euro with wii sports + remote/nunchuck.

I really don't get "older people will play more because the controller is like a remote". For most wii-games, the controls suck imo. Weird combination of the remote and the nunchuck and it just isn't accurate enough.

But yeah, nintendo knows how to market their stuff and the wii is very popular, but I think that will wear of soon though.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Microsoft moves that many a month easily - 500,000 sold in a month and then each one repaired twice in a month

Comment

Well let's face it... there are more "part time" gamers out there then "hardcore" gamers.
                          The Wii is "mom friendly" and is more likely to be purchased by people with less disposable income.

I can afford a 360 and a PS3, but I'm not into gaming to warrant such a purchase. Sure they can out perform a Wii without breaking a sweat, but again... I don't need that kind of horse power for casual gaming.

The Wii fit the bill nicely for me and my family.

Sony and Microsoft can only dream of moving 1.5 to 1.8 million units per month.
                          Now let's bring this all home. How can we expect good music to get any type of attention, when the only people that get targeted are the casual listeners. How can we expect decent Jackson's to be stocked in music stores with the 80/20 rule. We can't... The golden days are over, and that was my point all along with the "selling out the industry" comment.
                          -Adam

Comment

Sams club has a shitload of them if any of you are members.

Comment

I use to like Nintendo... Then I got hair on my nuts...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                                I use to like Nintendo... Then I got hair on my nuts...
                                :ROTF:

I take it you don't have children.
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X