Computer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problem

Hey guys, I've been trying to get my laptop to run a game called Frets on Fire, its a guitar hero copy for a computer. I've got some latency issues and found that some people need to update their drivers for it to work best. I've already tried lowering the frame rate and quality of the video. Also stopping other processes didn't help. I've ran it on 2 other laptops of similar age/spec wiithout any problems.
    My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6400, its about a year old, 1G ram and I think its a 1.66GHz Intel uP. Running XP on it.
    How do I get the drivers for it. I went into the device manager and found video capture and video codecs. I don't know what to upgrade or even the best place to look.
    If you think something else is the problem then say it, and I'll see if it'll fix the problem. Any help here would be appreciated

Ah nevermind....I fixed it. I changed the display settings from 16 bit to 32 and bumped the framerate back up and now it is running well.

Comment

I just installed, interesting game.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Its pretty fun, Its a good way for me to listen to music and play a video game. Its cool the way you can get more songs from the net and even make your own. Some of them are way too hard though.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working. In the future, you can get all of the latest drivers for your laptop from http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X