Oprah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oprah

When it can't get more confusing, we have HER doing the Big Pitch. This is getting to be too much. Her people are 55+ white ladies. Will she make a dif?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Oprah is a superficial commerco-whore as far as I'm concerned, but I don't like to judge people.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah. But we are here and she will have an impact. Maybe.

Comment

I don't really think she'll have that much of an impact.

You've got Oprah on one side trying to make man-hating, feminist, money-hungry, festering bitches from hell out of our women on one side

And then you've got Martha Stewart who's basically brainwashing women to go back to the 50's and cook, clean and do the tidying up so the men can kick up their feet and enjoy a beer and some good home cooking. Wife in the kitchen, man in front of the TV.

And guess what, Martha's winning, which is anything but bad in my book.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

She has a much wider audience than 55+ white people. She has done a lot of good for charity etc. The problem with this whole thing is that people really need to learn to not only think for themselves. But educate themselves and vote for someone who matches their own beliefs.

I get a kick out of the lesser of 2 evils analogy because there will never truly be anyone who is lesser. The bottom line is that you want to vote fr the person who you think will serve your interests well ...

Good luck

Now can someone please get all the candidates out of NH so we can go back to normal...
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

That is a license to fly on this. I think she will cause a backlash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              She has a much wider audience than 55+ white people. She has done a lot of good for charity etc. The problem with this whole thing is that people really need to learn to not only think for themselves. But educate themselves and vote for someone who matches their own beliefs.

I get a kick out of the lesser of 2 evils analogy because there will never truly be anyone who is lesser. The bottom line is that you want to vote fr the person who you think will serve your interests well ...
              Is there one that will serve my interests well? There are some that completely scare the crap out of me, but I haven't found one yet that I think is up there for anyone but themselves.

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              Good luck

Now can someone please get all the candidates out of NH so we can go back to normal...
              You should try living in a state with a late primary and certainty in which way the general election goes. Candidates never visit us unless they want money
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Her TV audience is 4 million. Her speeches are all over the news channels. This is media at it's best?

Comment

Y'all oughta be here, right in Columbia SC.
                  Center of Hurricane Oprah.
                  Local media isn't even worth watching.
                  She drew 33% of the anticipated crowd, in case
                  anyone's paying attention.

Comment

Accept it, because one of two things are definitely going to happen.
                    Just my personal assessment based of the situation thus far.
                    Hilary or Obama will be the next United States President.

Republicans have absolutely nobody the country seems to be interested in at this point, that can change, but as of now, its all the Democrats making progress on the campaign trail.
                    I know America and myself included is ready for change, but I'm not too sure if America is ready for the change Hilary or Obama could bring.
                    It can't be much worse than it is right now.
                    At this point who knows?
                    I do believe the next elected President will be a Democrat.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i dunno, maybe i am being cynical, but i try to never doubt people's ability to be underhandedly racist and sexist....i think a lot of americans would rather die before voting for a black man or a woman for president....then again maybe they just wont vote eh

Comment

If Oprah really wanted to show some strength, she should have entered the race herself. I'd take her over Hillary any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                          i dunno, maybe i am being cynical, but i try to never doubt people's ability to be underhandedly racist and sexist....i think a lot of americans would rather die before voting for a black man or a woman for president....then again maybe they just wont vote eh
                          My guess is a lot of people will go out and vote Republican just because it's a white man - people who might otherwise not vote at all.

I think Hillary can win, but Obama can not. People who voted against civil rights legislation are still alive and well - they will not stand for a black president. Women got the right to vote almost 90 years ago and it has been respected ever since - there were no "Jim Crow laws" keeping them from voting.

Besides - there are WAY more women in the country than there are blacks.

RE: the topic - Oprah will repel as many people as she converts so it doesn't matter what she does.

Comment

I think in the end the democrat ticket will be Hillary for President and Obama for VP. There is still lots of Bill love out there too, especially after 8 years of bush.
                            If the two run together they will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              I think in the end the democrat ticket will be Hillary for President and Obama for VP. There is still lots of Bill love out there too, especially after 8 years of bush.
                              If the two run together they will win.
                              I agree. Oprah's push for Obama will force Hillary to accept him as her running mate. He won't win the Democratic nomination for President but he will be needed on the ticket to unite the party.

America is not ready for a black President yet, but IS ready for a woman, at this point because of the weakness of the GOP as much as for any other reason.

However, if Barack serves as Vice President, especially if they get two terms, I think by that point people probably would accept him if the Dems have done well by the country.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X