Who likes cheesy (ok, Gay) 80's synth pop:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes cheesy (ok, Gay) 80's synth pop:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I couldn't admit it in the 80's but I liked this stuff, along with metal and prog (and the Dead)

They'reProbably not gay anyway, just English! Haha!

George Michael wannabes? *shudder*

Comment

I agree!
      Kajagoogoo is one of them.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

When I was in Jr. and High School(85-90). I hated this stuff. I was all about Metal. Now that I'm older, I just cannot get into metal anymore. I listen to stuff I thought was the greatest shit when I was young, and I get tired of it within minutes.

I have really taken a liking to New Wave music from the 80's. Lots of cool grooves and beats. I know it won't be popular on a Heavy Metal Guitar centered board. I guess to me a lot of that is new music as I didn't listen to it back then.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

OK so you suckered me in to listening to that Kajagoogoo. I had to listen to some Pantera while twirling nunchucks afterwards to re-assert my manhood. :ROTF:

Comment

I dug all that shit when I was a kid. Had to hide those albums though...

I still think "Songs From The Big Chair" from Tears For Fears is one of the best albums of the 80's...

I liked True better than Gold. The guitar hook from True was kick ass...

I dug A Flock Of Seagulls, Adam And The Ants, Thompson Twins, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Culture Club, Wang Chung, Gary Numan, Modern English, Kate Bush and the like. Some are in the same vein as what's been mentioned...

Funny now that I'm older I could care less what people think. But back when I was 14, I wouldn't be caught dead with a Culture Club album. That's why I hid them in behind my bed...

But they could write a good pop tune...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I like all of it. I especially like Save a Prayer by Duran Duran. Actually.. I like all of their stuff. What about older pop like Time Passages by Al Stewart.

Comment

It's okay once in awhile. I also dig very old Ministry... talk about cheesy dance pop compared to the industrial metal they later became!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Duran Duran, Phil Collins, Tears for Fears...even Run DMC with Aerosmith was good times. My wife and I had this conversation this past weekend that even the pop music from the 80's was cool.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Duran Duran
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      I'm a huge fan of Duran Duran
                      +1
                      Great musicians and songwriters.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        What about older pop like Time Passages by Al Stewart.
                        Al is also a great guitarist. I saw him 3 years ago and he held the stage by himself with an acoustic for an hour.
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Duran Duran, I have to admit to quite liking some of their stuff. Good videos as well.
                          Early late 70s & early 80s synth stuff is great. Buggles, Human League, Tubeway Army, OMD etc.

I think I'm going to have to go and buy some flouncy shirts and make up...

Please Help!
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Comment

I like all that stuff. Kajagoogoo was a cool band. Nick Beggs is a great bass player - he did some solo Chapman Stick stuff that is pretty cool.

Duran, Duran - another great band - I got their recent album - really good stuff.

I like it all Human League, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, etc.

Ok, I'm feeling a little gay now. I'll be back in a few minutes - I'm going to go punch some people .
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X