Who likes cheesy (ok, Gay) 80's synth pop:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it all.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
      i think tainted love by soft cell was the first big hit synth 80's music?
      That's an interesting question. Soft Cell, Human League, and some others made the charts in '81, but Gary Numan put out Cars in '79 (made the top 10). It might be considered more new wave than synth pop, though. I suck at figuring out musical categories.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        That's an interesting question. Soft Cell, Human League, and some others made the charts in '81, but Gary Numan put out Cars in '79 (made the top 10). It might be considered more new wave than synth pop, though. I suck at figuring out musical categories.
        Yeah, he was a little early to the party. His band was a synth band that had a pop hit. Happened right during the birth of the New Wave era, 77-79.

Comment

I like a lot of it. Obsession by Animotion is one of the best 80's tunes ever. I have an "80's Pop" playlist on my iPod with Animotion, T'Pau, Kim Wylde, Duran Duran (John Taylor on bass was the most talented member IMHO), Devo, etc. I have recently rediscovered Devo, picked up some CDs, and now my 9 year old daughter has some Devo on her iPod. Those guys were brilliant.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
          X