Red Baron Returns bitches !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Baron Returns bitches !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Looks like its going to be a great movie !

Yup, Fokkers flew like X-wings....
    At least it's not a US production, so we won't get Snoop,LL Cool J or Puffy Dudley in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
      Yup, Fokkers flew like X-wings....
      At least it's not a US production, so we won't get Snoop,LL Cool J or Puffy Dudley in it.
      Yes they are flying faster then they normally can but it looks cool , also the planes are fully orginal. Red Baron (Manfred von Richtofen) is using his Albatros. Which shows that this movie isnt going to be a lame "let's show them the triplane so every body can jump right in" movie.

Comment

Any movie with 'planes in is cool by me. Hopefully they'll follow the Baron's progression through the various Albatros and Triplanes that he flew, as well as all the British and French types.
        I just hate it when they Pearl Harbor-ize history

Comment

This looks like it might be really cool. Eh, sure they are going a little fast, but most of the footage is right up in the action. If you were watching it from the ground it would look a lot slower. Up in the air, the action is pretty quick.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love BiPlanes more than any other. Just watching them lift off at ridiculously slow speed is amazing.

The music was ok too in the trailer. Any chance it will stick in the production, or will it be a Jerry Bruckheimer/Aerosmith love song?

It being a German production should be interesting. Hope it doesn't suck.

Is it me, or did you imaging that WWI dogfights were much less crowded than these scenes suggest? I always pictured no more than 10 planes in a visible area in real life. Maybe that's correct, or just super-busy modern production for the ADD folks?
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

And to think that the first 'dogfight', which happened around that time, was actually people throwing stone bricks at each other from balloons and slow planes.

You can say what you want about the horror of both WW's, but if they hadn't happened we'd stil be in a proverbial stone age.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Early dogfights also had the pilots shooting at each other with their pistols. Then someone had the idea to mount a gun on the plane itself.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I want to see this one. I agree with Snoogans any movie with plane or motorcycles I now I will like. Did anybody see The Worlds Fastest Indian?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Yeah im proud of my Lands history !!! (Don´t get it wrong )

Comment

I hope it's much better than Flyboys. While the planes looked great, the fact that all of the German planes were red triplanes with the exception of the black triplane was just geigh. The planes in that clip are WAAAAYY too fast, but then I suppose if it was realistic, the dogfight scenes would actually be extremely boring to watch.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                        I want to see this one. I agree with Snoogans any movie with plane or motorcycles I now I will like. Did anybody see The Worlds Fastest Indian?
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=DAvCNBjHni8
                        That there is one of my favourite movies of all time!

Comment

Red Baaaarooooooon.... Blue Max!

Looks cool. I was never the biggest triplane fan, and as I gather, not many people were Albatross' were sexy bitches though.

However national pride (yeah right) compels me to say this: Spad VII/XIII ftw!

Comment

That looks like a fun movie. I am a plane freak too so movies focused on planes are usually on my list. Hollywood is for entertainment not physics lessons...I am ok with movies being a bit unreal for the sake of entertainment. As long as it is with in reason it just adds to the fun.

Comment

I'll be interested to see it - hopefully it's a lot better than "Flyboys" was. For all of the talk about how "Flyboys" used real aircraft, so much of the flying looked like it was generated by computer graphics weenies who've never flown an airplane.

By the way, for those of you who want to see some pretty good aerial footage of what WWI airplanes were like, check out "The Blue Max" with George Peppard and Ursula Andress. No computer graphics and the pilots and actors actually had dirty faces after flying.

And if anyone is really interested in von Richtofen's life, check out "The Red Baron" by Peter Kilduff. It's the most in-depth book I've ever seen on the man.
                              Last edited by fuel0707; 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X