Red Baron Returns bitches !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
    Early dogfights also had the pilots shooting at each other with their pistols. Then someone had the idea to mount a gun on the plane itself.
    And after they shot their prop to bits, they had to figure out how to make the engine control the gun's firing time so it fired when the prop was horizontal, not vertical
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      And after they shot their prop to bits, they had to figure out how to make the engine control the gun's firing time so it fired when the prop was horizontal, not vertical
      That's right, Matt. With the use of a cam, the gun was made to fire between the prop blades. But before they figured that out, they just sheilded the prop with sheet metal, but that was only marginally successful.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X