No announcement yet.

Found an internet connection working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found an internet connection working...

Hey guys, things have been UGLY here. 3 days now, no power. We're an all electric hotel (mostly) means NO HEAT..28 degrees right now. Trees down EVERYWHERE, could be 3-10 more days before we get fixed. We're ok, blankets work great, cookin on the BBQ grill...
    See ya again in a few days I hope.
    Thanks to HippieTim, Vince and Mark (mm2003) for yappin at me. Cell still works lol
    Later
    Jb

Dang,

Hang in there. It's 39 here. But we have electricity and gas. Stay as warm as you can.

Do the guests get a break on the rates when there is no power, hot water, or heat

Modern camping.....We're all just a few steps away from 1870 huh?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yeah, that whole scene there is just awful. Be safe.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Sounds like one of our "hurricane parties", but far too frosty for my taste.
        We keep our emergency supplies stocked, even a few cords of firewood.
        Never know what could happen. Charlotte, NC got smacked hard not too
        long ago by one of those ice storms. We are in range.
        Take care, jb, prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
          Hey guys, things have been UGLY here. 3 days now, no power. We're an all electric hotel (mostly) means NO HEAT..28 degrees right now. Trees down EVERYWHERE, could be 3-10 more days before we get fixed. We're ok, blankets work great, cookin on the BBQ grill...
          Thanks to HippieTim, Vince and Mark (mm2003) for yappin at me. Cell still works lol
          Later
          Jb
          Where you at in OKC I live in Midwest City and we got power back on Monday night. I didn't know there were still parts of the city without power.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            Sounds like one of our "hurricane parties", but far too frosty for my taste.
            We keep our emergency supplies stocked, even a few cords of firewood.
            Never know what could happen. Charlotte, NC got smacked hard not too
            long ago by one of those ice storms. We are in range.
            Take care, jb, prayers sent.
            I don't know which is worse, but I'd rather try hunkering down in the cold than in the heat after a hurricane! I nearly died in the first week after Katrina due to temps in the 90s and no power/AC. My congestive heart failure affects breathing as well as heart function and I could NOT breathe in that humid heat. I finally had to evac to Birmingham to get into climate control, or I think I would have died.

But bitter cold is probably more deadly for normal healthy folks, and being in an all-electric place sucks in the cold. Of course Jeri and James have each other for biological heating! You hang in there Jeri, I am praying for y'all!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I"m posting from work, out of power since sunday. ARGH. My house has all electric, tree attacked my firebird (pics to come) and the only good thing from this is that the roads never got very bad.

Comment

You guys hang in there.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks guys. We got our electric back on late last night (whew). I'm in N.W. OKC and there are still hundreds of thousands without power according to OG&E (our electric company). Hey Pete, if you need a place, I'll save a room for ya!! We ended up evacuating the hotel (except us of course, cause we live here) and shutting down, there was nothing we could do. Anyway, thanks again all.

Comment

Glad you got your power back on, I'm crossing my fingers to get it back today, but there are zero PSO trucks in my area. It looks like they put power up all around where I live, except my block... either I should have power soon, or I'm screwed, blued and tattooed.

Oh well, could always be worse.

Pete

Comment

My power was off for 2 days. Just got it back for like 6 hours and then off again. Fortunately I have a gas stove. I moved the CO detector into the kitchen and used the top burners for heat. Worked great and so far has kept the temp at about 66 degrees. I run it for half an hour every four to six hours. I had to go back to work this morning and my family just called and gave me the good news that it is off again. We only got about 1/4 inch of ice, but 3 inches of rain. Flooding in the low areas is just as dangerous as the ice and power issues.
                      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Still no power.this sucks. Typing on an iPod touch is craptacular also : )

Comment

I came home Friday night to about 30 power and tree trucks lining my street. Most were from Iowa, but I did see an Ohio truck also. They finally got our power up and running for good. Those guys really busted ass to get this done.
                          Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                            Later
                            Jb
                            Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                            Still no power.this sucks. Typing on an iPod touch is craptacular also : )
                            how are you charging those things! hope every starts getting better for y'all soon.
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                              how are you charging those things! hope every starts getting better for y'all soon.
                              I guess using car chargers/cigarrette lighter adapters?

Don't the gas pumps run on electricity at the filling station? Geez, I think New Orleans was up and running faster after Katrina than the middle of America after an ice storm.

Is anyone going to work during all this? I'd kinda like a day off too, not sure if it'd be fun with no electricity though.
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                              X