No announcement yet.

The generosity around here is amazing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The generosity around here is amazing.

I have to say I'm shocked by the generosity of some of the members here on the JCF. I don't want to name names, but in the past two weeks I've had one member send me King Diamond Abagail to keep just because I mentioned liking a tune on youtube (which is awesome by the way!), and another offer to loan me the Vai Astoria DVD to check out Macalpine's playing on it. In both cases they are people I've never met or really talked to on the forum.

I guess I need to rethink my position that this is an anonymous place to discuss guitars and amps and look at it as the brotherhood that it truly is. I guess after being part of this place for the last six years or you'd think that would sink in...

a proud dr phil moment!

yep Steve...there's still cool people around
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I need a tissue.
      -Rick

Comment

The longer you stick around a place like this, the more you realize that despite our differences, we end up finding things in common with the least likely of people. I believe that generates respect, and a general feeling of benevolence and brotherhood even. It probably isn't a coincidence that the average age on this forum is a little higher than a place like HC.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"I've had one member send me King Diamond Abagail to keep just because I mentioned liking a tune on youtube"

Well if anyone cares, I really like the look and smell of money :ROTF:
          PM me for my address and where to send it!

Seriously, This is a cool place even though I don't post alot. I always mention this board to people that are into guitar boards.

Comment

The people here are great i have had people sending me stuff for free !
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a big group hug!
              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

This is a great site, no question
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  The longer you stick around a place like this, the more you realize that despite our differences, we end up finding things in common with the least likely of people. I believe that generates respect, and a general feeling of benevolence and brotherhood even. It probably isn't a coincidence that the average age on this forum is a little higher than a place like HC.
                  Yep, ditto. I've talked to many of you on the telephone about various subjects including our passion for guitars and gear as well as our favorites; Jackson's and Charvel's!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yep! There are some awesome folks here. I've experienced some of this "generosity" myself.

Comment

No one's given me any free stuff yet. I'm in no great rush though, send it along any time you like. No crap though, just good stuff thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

yeah people are cool round here, most ppl are real friendly to everyone. its hard to call people friends, because most of us are complete strangers and may never meet, but that says it all when a stranger will do stuff for u. +1 pt for humanity - there's still hope yet!

Comment

Com'on guys... all the wiseass "group hug" comments

I just wanted to send some props out.

Comment

It is a great forum
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              I need a tissue.
                              eewwwww!
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X