No announcement yet.

MP3 Laws Getting Crazier Everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never figured out if I lose the CD cover, is the license the disc, or the cover?

If I have a jewel case with cover, can I get a new CD? reverse?....

They (music industry) need to figure out if I bought music or a license first of all. Then define what is the license.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      someday they will ban cover songs too. "YOU CANT PLAY ANY METALLICA SONGS ANYMORE"

Garth Brooks already did that a few years ago. He was suing bar bands for playing his songs. He was already a millionaire before then.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Read that and check out the numbers before you bitch about being able to rip cds and give them to your friends and cost YOUR favorite artists money.

These artists need you to buy the cd so they can make a buck too.

Comment

I wonder when they're going to try charging people for hearing songs in their head.

yard dawg - Love your signature. Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
            What's next, RIAA agents on the road taking down license plate numbers of people who're playing loud music in their car that others can hear and calling it public performance. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

-Steve

Haha, best one I've heard in awhile. Scary thing is that we won't be laughing about it 2 years from now...

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
              http://negativland.com/albini.html

Read that and check out the numbers before you bitch about being able to rip cds and give them to your friends and cost YOUR favorite artists money.

These artists need you to buy the cd so they can make a buck too.
              If I'm reading that right the band might be lucky to get $1 per CD sold. In that case, you're not supporting the artists very much by buying CD's. It doesn't even say where half of the money from CD sales goes.

If I wanted to support a band I'd be better off going to their show and handing them a $10 bill after the show according to that website.

Comment

Working...
              X