No announcement yet.

Jacksons and calculus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do indeed, thanks for correcting me, I was creditting that person with being less sick in the head than he actually is!
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well, I got my grade which was a B+ in the class. Since I pretty much didn't do any homework (which was 15% of the grade), I figure I came pretty close to acing the final. I still don't know what the derivative of DXMG is though.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
        What are you studying, computer science? Except for the formal languages, I think I've had similar courses studying signal processing (which is usually considered electrical engineering for historic reasons).

Regards,
        Mads
        Finished Computer Science. Working stiff now...

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Calculus is easy. It's hard after that.They say that the Partial Diff Equations just kill you. I just don't know it yet,but.... soon I will
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Jacksons and calculus

> My math skills are not quite at the levels of some here,but at least you haven't had a dream where being able to explain hyp=opp/sin gets you laid. Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
              > My math skills are not quite at the levels of some here,but at least you haven't had a dream where being able to explain hyp=opp/sin gets you laid. Tommy D.
              We usually joke that in research, size does matter..

.. the size of your publication list, that is. I don't think the girls are impressed by long publication lists though. Too bad

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                Finished Computer Science. Working stiff now...

-Nate
                Ah, okay. I finished my studies too, only I never left university

Comment

After some serious studying of theoretical physics and math during my increasingly distant youth, I can only express it this way.

I feel for You, man.

Calculus tests SUCK.
                  - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    Calculus is easy. It's hard after that.They say that the Partial Diff Equations just kill you. I just don't know it yet,but.... soon I will
                    Partial Differential Equation teachers get blown by Satan while they eat babies during their coffee/smoke breaks.

True story...

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I have my three hour Physics I final in an hour and a half. I was nervous/anxious YESTERDAY about the test and kept waking up in the middle of the night last night. Now I feel fine though. I guess its the calm before the storm..

Comment

Physics is one of the main reasons I got out of engineering. Haha

Comment

I'm doing electronic eng and am so glad that all the maths stuff is behind me in my course. I hated it.

Comment

Am I weird that I loved calculus in college?

I took Calc 1, Calc 2, and Differential Equations. Nothing else was required, but looking back on it I wish I had taken Linear Algebra.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              Am I weird that I loved calculus in college?

I took Calc 1, Calc 2, and Differential Equations. Nothing else was required, but looking back on it I wish I had taken Linear Algebra.
                              I liked those classes too. It's everything after those that gets really weird and annoying. Some of it is also cool but for the most part it doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X