• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see "Shawshank Redemption"?

So did these guys!

Vass

Originally posted by Vass View Post

Great they ruined pinups for everyone else.

Dickheads!!!
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      I never would have thought that someone would actually try that, and have it actually work

Comment

Pretty clever, but they weren't clever enough to change their identities and launder a huge pile of ca$h.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Pretty clever, but they weren't clever enough to change their identities and launder a huge pile of ca$h.
          I'm guessing that part of the movie/story just went WAY over their heads.

Comment

That movie was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news on CNN. the convicts even thanked the guard who helped them out! That was funnier.
            Sam

Comment

Thank god I don't work there. The county jails suck. I work in a state prison. I can tell you that there are rules against stuff hanging on the walls, like posters and pictures. Some officers look the other way and get complacent.

That note was meant to be sarcastic. I can almost guarantee the officer did not give the inmate the tools willingly. You have to remember, inmates lie. That is their job. They have 24/7 to think of ways to jam you up. Maybe this inmate hated that particular officer and this was his way of saying, "Fuck You". Oh, and by the way, the "tools" were a piece of fence wire (probably picked up in the yard during rec) and a spigot handle to a faucet.

Either way, the spigot handle should have been noticed as missing and a search should have been done. Someone is going to lose their job over this.

Just a little insight from someone who works inside.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Bump. This officer took his own life today. I seriously hope that when these scumbags are caught, they get what they have coming. RIP, brother.

NEWARK -- A Union County Jail guard who was named in a note left by two escapees has committed suicide, his lawyer said today.

Corrections Officer Rudolph Zurick was found dead at his home in Sayreville, said the lawyer, Michael J. Mitzner. He said the officer was blameless in the breakout and faced no criminal charges.

Zurick, 40, was to be interviewed today by Union County Police for the first time since the daring Dec. 15 escape, Mitzner said.

Zurick had already submitted a report to the police and "had been cooperative throughout" the continuing investigation, Mitzner said.

Prisoners Otis Blunt and Jose Espinosa have been at large after burrowing through a cinder block wall, jumping onto a roof and climbing over a 25-foot fence topped with barbed wire.

The inmates used photos of bikini-clad women to hide holes they used to escape and left behind a thank-you note for a guard they claimed helped them.

Authorities released the note last month, but obscured the officer's name. The note, signed with a smiley face, read, "Thank You Officer ... for the tools needed. You're a real Pal! Happy Holidays."

"Definitely sarcastic. There was no way he gave them any help," Mitzner said. "He was the one who had noticed they were missing."

"Everything I understand, he did nothing wrong," said the lawyer, who said he spoke to Zurick on Monday. "It's hard to know what goes through someone's head," Mitzner said.

Zurick left a wife and 4-year-old daughter.

Mitzner did not have the cause of death. Officials in Union and Middlesex counties did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

Union County Police, overseen by the county prosecutor's office, are still investigating how the two men were able to escape from the unit considered most secure at the jail in Elizabeth. It was the first escape since the jail opened in

Authorities, however, already plan to install more surveillance cameras and razor wire, and add patrols.

Blunt, 32, of Toms River, was awaiting trial for robbery and weapons offenses. Espinosa, 20, of Elizabeth, was awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to manslaughter over a 2005 drive-by shooting in Elizabeth.

Espinosa is originally from Mexico and is in the country illegally, the Union County Prosecutor's Office has said.

Held in adjoining cells, Espinosa and Blunt used at least two improvised tools -- a thick metal wire like those used to bind chain link fences to poles, and a 10-pound steel water shut-off wheel -- to remove cinder blocks from the wall, Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow has said.

The shut-off wheel was used to crush the cinder blocks so they could be hidden in the cells, Romankow said. The inmates also laid out pillows and sheets to make it look like they were sleeping under blankets, he said.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott, I know you didn't "know" him, but he was your "brother". I feel for the loss. Damn illegal..surprising..yeah right, who says we don't need tougher immigration laws. I hope the next officer to find these assholes gives them the proper "lead" treatment. My thoughts are with his family at this time of unnecessary (sp??) tragedy.

Comment

I just heard on the news before that the officer killed himself. I didn't realize he was from Sayreville.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jeri, I think Scott meant brother in "Brotherhood". That is terrible. I lost quite a few brothers of my own, One I miss very dearly. Due to brutal ongoing investigations on the media..that were so cruel and relentless. It drives some guys to the last acts of desperation. It never made sense to me..I always thought that they should just ride the storm out until their name is cleared. BUT, some investigations are so relentless, and brutal. They feel that their name is tarnished and prooven guilty by so many while still under investigation..it's quite sad and ridiculous...sigh.

Our ex-Mayor Mike R White (piece of shit) was the factor why two officers killed themselves..One was a friend and his sister sued the city. I belive she won, but it didn't bring our brother back..but she did it for him...on principal!

I hated my job as booking officer when I had to do that for a year inside my district..inmates are such a pain the fuggin' ass..I still hear them in my sleep.."Officer..Toilet paper"..Officer...Phone call".."Officer..More Toilet paper"..

They stink too..they smell like a bouquet of feet, ass, vinegar, with a splash of pee and dask of gingevitis.. they don't even smell human..cattle don't smell like that!!!

Some inmates were OK..but you still couldn't trust them..even tho you appoint them trustee..snicky fuckers.

So much shit gets passed around in there..you can only do yor best to keep it in check..you can't stop it..it's unbelievable.

Scott, That's terrible..be careful..and take care!!

Bill Z
                      Scott ..that just my experience in City and County jails..yeesh!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW..Zurick and my name is pretty close!!!

both "Zur"..

RIP ..C. O. Rudolph Zurick
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Joe, yeah, I did not realise he was from your hometown either.

Jeri, thank you. I can always count on you to understand. A lot of people would not. They would automatically say he killed himself because he must have felt guilty. The reasons can run far deeper than that as Bill pointed out.

Bill, thanks so much. It is a comfort to me knowing that you do not harbor a resentment towards all CO's because of what one did to you. In the back of my mind I kind of thought you must hate us all. You know how this job can be. If you are accused of something, even if it is not true, the administration and even staff just run with it, and soon harrassment and rumors swirl and soon become "facts". It is a stressful job to go to everyday. Add in the enormus stress of what happened in this case and well, the end result is sometimes not pretty. Some people can handle the added pressure and then some others just can't. Thank you.
                          Scott

Comment

too bad to hear about the tragedy. Just yesterday my brother was telling me about a cop who got shot in Phoenix just because he drove up to these two guys who had just jaywalked and told them that what they did was wrong. He wasn't even planning to cite them. The guy who shot him was in the country illegally and thought that the cop was coming to take him in. Sad.
                            Sam

Comment

UPDATE: Both escapees captured!

Bump.... to update this thread. Both pieces of human pollution have been captured. One was picked up about a mile from the jail and the other was captured in Mexico City. Hope they enjoyed their little vacation. Escape chrges should add about 6 years to each of their sentences.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X