Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammett learning a riff

Speaks for itself...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

When someone or something reaches celebrity status, its very common for people to find and point out the flaws. You should just ignore such attempts and people who do that and not join them. I dont think anyone on this forum can reach Kirk Hammett's recognition or status. They might be better players but for what Kirk needs to do, he does it well. His newer works might not be on par with his previous ones and they were nothing short of brilliant. We must honor the old kirk hammett and not tease him.

bah! Who am I kidding... he always sucked! Bring on the jokes :ROTF::ROTF:
    Sam

Comment

My old drummer used to come up with riffs in his head and sort of sing them like that to me to teach me what he was thinking coz he couldn't play guitar worth shit. It can be frustrating to both parties when you can't seems to nail it or explain it. I always told him he should learn guitar coz the riffs he came up with in his head were totally badass.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        bah! Who am I kidding... he always sucked! Bring on the jokes :ROTF::ROTF:

Good one, you had me going there! :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

That riff is totally ghey anyway...so fuggum
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love this video... I simply love this video.
            - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Well he shouldn't be critisized about that imo. We have no idea about how long he had been playing guitar and learning riffs while he was playin that one Sometimes you can get frustrated after long hours of playing / learning Nothing unusual to me.
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

As much as I don't think he's a great guitarist, once I sell a couple million albums I'll start making jokes about him :S.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

why? selling albums has nothing to do with talent. its all publicity and how much support u hget from the record label. take zeig and zag. or milli vanilli, or the spice girls or ....NU METAL (DUN DUN DUHH )

Comment

See Lars making comments in the background there? If I was Kirk, I'd be throwing shit at him. HEAVY SHIT!
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Not a fan of Kirk.. but I have been right there where he is in that vid...
                      Where the other guitarist or bassist writes a riff with his quirky internal metronome/sense of phrasing... and it is different than mine. And you are expected to just pick it up like it is YOUR natural timing. Can be FRUSTRATING! lol
                      Having said that - I had an easier time learning his phrasing than he had learning mine\

Comment

And yet he was voted by all the mags in the 80s as thee guitar god. The Hamster hate is either from jealousy, or maybe 80s metal just sucks. I think I know the answer..............

Comment

I was never a fan of Kirks. The material up to AJFA contains a few inspired moments, but I always found his playing extremely generic.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Gonna be seeing 'Tallica on May 30th in Holland, and they'll probably come to Werchter again. Gonna be great!!
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                              And yet he was voted by all the mags in the 80s as thee guitar god. The Hamster hate is either from jealousy, or maybe 80s metal just sucks. I think I know the answer..............
                              funny, coz a) most guitarists WERE better than him, b) most people in the metallica v megdeth argument say mustaine is better and c) i'm pretty sure Lynch, Becker, freidman, kotzen, howe, Demartini etc etc were all voted best guitarist at various points, so that doesn't make him special, or THEE guitarist in the 80s. In fact i'm pretty sure in a lot of interviews with 80s guitarists, they talk about lynch as being the guy. we all know kirk sucks - he plays outta time, he uses his wah far too much, his tone is foul. in fact the only thing people seem to bring up most often is that he was a student of satriani. big whoop, so was vai, and the guy from possesed, and rick hunolt. and we all know exodus and possessed were way better than metallica anyay. if people to list their top ten guitarists, i don't think hammet will feature much somehow.
                              Last edited by sonicsamurai; 12-22-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X