No announcement yet.

Hammett learning a riff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it back. Ity sounds like Dave at the very beginning, but then it sounds like James.

I'm confused.
    Last edited by zeegler; 12-23-2007, 08:55 AM.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Sounds like the hetman to me, very early het though....

The recording sounds rather like STanger quality wise but with better drums hahaha

Seen that Kirk vid before meh...

His best work was on rtl mop and some ok stuff on ajfa but he's never been that amazing...

Scholnik Sp is way better but doesent have the same recognition...

I will get the new metallica album if I hear a few songs first not gonna get stung like stanger, preferred the last two megadeth offerings...

I have plenty of bad days I tend not to get as stuck on rhtyhms like that, but I could see how they would be difficult to get around...

Comment

there's been afew songs circulating around. just sounds like generic metalcore. seems metallica are trying to be trivium, who in turn are trying to be metallica....

Comment

Maybe I am crazy, but I like lots of different things about just about every good guitarist. From the guy next door to the famous guy on the radio. Few are stellar at everything, most are great at something. Some people I like were one hit wonders, others are still rocking after 30+ years.

And no, I don't sing to Metallica songs, or any other for that matter. My voice sucks, and if I tried to sing people would die. Even if it is in passing traffic. Not on my conscience. No way.

I pick out the rhythm parts in songs and work them over in my mind. Most everything I have learned is by ear. I have no problem with sheet music (with or without the 'dots' ), but until the internet came about I was too cheap to buy sheet music. I attribute this to the fact that I have a good ear for a tune, and when one is stuck in my mind, I have to get out the gear and work it out.

I tried this riff and it is not that easy to grab right off the bat. After about half a hour I had it down pat though. I don't care for everything Kirk plays, but I do like a lot of his stuff. Nobody hears the studio out takes, only the finished product. Put a camera in front of most anyone, and they will screw up at one time or another.

I think they call it being human.

Comment

Looked to me like he was having trouble memorizing it, more than anything.

He ain't the greatest, never was, I got no time for him or Metallica, but this doesn't really add up to much.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
              That's quite clearly Hetfield. I don't see how anyone could think that's Mustaine - the voice and even the way he finishes a lot his lines is obviously Jaymz. You can even hear the early stages of his modern day "yeah-ah"s at the end of all his lines.

Who plays the solo though? It's very similar to the one that ended up on the album....
              That is Hetfield - no doubt. It doesn't sound like Mustaine at all to me and I really don't know how anyone could think it is. Oh wait, because it says Mustaine in the title of the clip...now I get it.

That solo reeks of Kirk, too. I don't hear any Dave on that clip.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

The funniest part of this is when they have Alton Brown giving instruction on how to play the part to Kirk. Kind of sad he dumbs it down for Kirk instead of play the A or 5th fret, he points and says play here, and points, play there like he is 5 years old, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                  The funniest part of this is when they have Alton Brown giving instruction on how to play the part to Kirk. Kind of sad he dumbs it down for Kirk instead of play the A or 5th fret, he points and says play here, and points, play there like he is 5 years old, I love it.

Uhhh... Dude. That is James. that "dumbs it down" for him. And I gotta say that even though I know the notes I have had people say play here and here because they don't know the notes... All said. I think every single one of us would give a nut or maybe even both to have the recognition and compensation that KH has had... Speak up if you would not. I dare ya. lol..

Comment

I was joking about it being Alton Brown, I was hoping the sarcasm was obvious, but I guess not. I wouldn't be surprised if Alton Brown could show Kirk a thing or two... in the kitchen AND on guitar lol.

Comment

Hammett sucks thread number 95856938569482 and just before the Holidays, nice... I'm not a fan of his playing but I think he is a pretty ok dude... the hatred he gets is pretty fascinating though, I've never seen him acting like an asshole or heard that he fucked other dudes' girlfriends but looks like I'm wrong, he must have ruined a lot of persons' lives to get that kind of treatment.
                      He probably feels terrible now that some folks in some message board are talking all kinds of things about him, millions of dollars, big house, tons of guitars and cars probably can't offer him any relief because the folks from the internet who are really the true kings of guitar are always right.

There have been times when I've had really hard time playing some pretty simplistic things right but I just probably suck unlike all the mighty internet gurus.

The people have been spoken, the facts are proved, I'm just a misfit who doesn't count, I shall not be, most of the beyond of everything internet guitar gods who have posted clips can't even play power chords with the right timing and meter, but it's only to my ears, I don't count, the people have spoken
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        *yawn*

Reply to me when you can speak coherently.

And if you're going to get all pissy and have your e-feeelings hurt, maybe you should lay off the internet.
                        Dude, seriously, can you go one whole day (thats 24 entire hours - FYI) without being a condescending prick to someone on this forum. Go rub-off your ego somewhere else besides my thread.

-Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          Hammett sucks thread number 95856938569482 and just before the Holidays, nice... I'm not a fan of his playing but I think he is a pretty ok dude... the hatred he gets is pretty fascinating though, I've never seen him acting like an asshole or heard that he fucked other dudes' girlfriends but looks like I'm wrong, he must have ruined a lot of persons' lives to get that kind of treatment.
                          He probably feels terrible now that some folks in some message board are talking all kinds of things about him, millions of dollars, big house, tons of guitars and cars probably can't offer him any relief because the folks from the internet who are really the true kings of guitar are always right.

There have been times when I've had really hard time playing some pretty simplistic things right but I just probably suck unlike all the mighty internet gurus.

The people have been spoken, the facts are proved, I'm just a misfit who doesn't count, I shall not be, most of the beyond of everything internet guitar gods who have posted clips can't even play power chords with the right timing and meter, but it's only to my ears, I don't count, the people have spoken

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Why do people maon about discussions on "discussion boards"? Makes no sense to me.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Back to the top:

Kirk hammet is not the killer of technique,
                              The good thing of Kirk HAmmets solos is that he compose very well...

A lot of the solos are like own songs or stories... or i take too much LSD.-.

and in addition there are a lot of cool riffs which came from kirks mind like the sandman or sad but true...

I think youre just jealous...

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

Wow dude.... I just thought it was a funny vid, thats all. Everyone here has had those days, I know I have.

-Steve
                                Guitars:
                                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                                Amp:
                                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                                X