Hammett learning a riff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
    Wow dude.... I just thought it was a funny vid, thats all. Everyone here has had those days, I know I have.

-Steve
    nothing wrong with fun or posting videos... everyone can say whatever they want but some comments just make me wonder how hateful, pitty and jelaous some human beings can be

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    Why do people maon about discussions on "discussion boards"? Makes no sense to me.
    why are you moaning, I'm making another "discussion"
    why people are making speeches about something they don't know about in the world of freedom of speech
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      That's a demo recording, and it is indeed Mustaine singing... Look into it. It's not a secret.
      :ROTF:
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That's a demo recording, and it is indeed Mustaine singing... Look into it. It's not a secret.
        Q-tips work.

That's Hetfield's crappy voice, not Mustaine's. :ROTF:
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The long part that is supposed to clip the pen to your shirt ona BIC Pen (Blue cap also has kind of a scoop to it so it erally digs that ear wax out) works even better than a qtip...

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            why are you moaning, I'm making another "discussion"
            No you're not. You're actively attempting to KILL any discussion on Kirk Hammett's guitar playing skills.
            Considering this is a guitar forum, your post seems bizzare. What would you like us all to say? "Kirk made loads of money, he must be great, no one say anything bad about him, or anyone else with a pile of cash!"

Aye, alright then.

DUDE!!!! KIRK FUCKIN ROCKS IN THAT VID! HE'S GOT LOADS OF MONEY AND CARS, AND THAT RIFF IS SOOOO DIFFICULT, HE'S ACTUALLY DOING WELL LEARNING IT IN FOUR DAYS!!! WHAT A FUCKING GUITAR GOD HE IS!!!!

Aye.
            Last edited by MartinBarre; 12-23-2007, 01:53 PM.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Tragic fate of any band that gets too big. They got too big and it's at that point everyone starts slamming then and backtracking their own steps. I've got this entire thing pretty much pinned down and I'll try and make a large and logical post in the near future trying to convey my thoughts on the matter, but it's going to take a little while to put it into words, let alone a fluent text.

What DOES surprise me though, is no-one has waved the Napster flag around yet.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

How did Kirk ever learn the riff to AJFA? Compared to this, AJFA has an almost Jethro Tull-like progressiveness.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

No you're not. You're actively attempting to KILL any discussion on Kirk Hammett's guitar playing skills.
                  Considering this is a guitar forum, your post seems bizzare. What would you like us all to say? "Kirk made loads of money, he must be great, no one say anything bad about him, or anyone else with a pile of cash!"

Aye, alright then.

DUDE!!!! KIRK FUCKIN ROCKS IN THAT VID! HE'S GOT LOADS OF MONEY AND CARS, AND THAT RIFF IS SOOOO DIFFICULT, HE'S ACTUALLY DOING WELL LEARNING IT IN FOUR DAYS!!! WHAT A FUCKING GUITAR GOD HE IS!!!!

Aye.
                  why are you putting your silly words in my mouth?
                  I don't try to kill anything, everyone knows his vibrato sucks, has no tone blah blah blah, it's been said bazillion fucking times, my point was fuck you cocksmokers who are saying shitty things towards him as a person without any reason
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

How did Kirk ever learn the riff to AJFA? Compared to this, AJFA has an almost Jethro Tull-like progressiveness.

He didn't. James Hetfield records all the rhythm guitars, Mr Hamster does the solos (apart from the best one - in Nothing Else Matters).
                    He didn't have to worry about learning it for live shows, because we all know he mimes while Michael Schenker sits behind the stacks and fills in for him.

Erm, we did all know that, didn't we?

Well, it's true. Honest.

A bloke down the pub told me, so it must be.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What do you mean?

Burton and Mustaine did most of the writing for Metallica when Kirk was still in Exodus. Even in Ride the Lightning, half of that material was written by Mustaine.
                      I do know one thing, that once upon-a-time, about 20 years ago now, I had a live bootleg tape of Exodus with Kirk Hammett. As far I can remember there was nothing that later surfaced on any Exodus LP, but there was a song called "Die By My Hand". And it was pretty much "Creeping Death", bar for a few subtle changes. (Now I think about it, there may have been another riff in the song that ended up in an Exodus number, but meh, I'm old and my memory aint what it was!)

I lent that tape to someone who in turn lent me a stack of Lps. He got his LPs back, and I never got the tape back, he then fucked off to university and I lost touch with him.

Dear reader, if you are that bastard who lived in Bishops Cleeve and went to Stratford College, give me my fucking tape back, because I've never managed to get hold of a copy since!!!!!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Soooooo, I go and look online, and download the fucking thing 2 minutes later...........and find I was wrong, it's nowt like "Creeping Death", only the "Die By My Hand" bit. And I don't recognise anything that Exodus later used. Doh.

Carry on, don't mind me, I'm old, I've fallen and I can't get up

I nearly broke her back

Comment

One of the very first Exodus songs, co-written by Kirk Hammett, was called Impaler. Exodus finally released it on their 2004 Tempo of the Damned album. I don't think Exodus or Metallica ever really ripped off one another, though.

Comment

And it was on "Another Lesson In Violence" with Paul Balloff before that. ( One of THE best live albums ever, a fucking juggernaut)

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What I think is funny, is that as soon as someone says they don't like a particular musician, someone else calls them jealous. Come on children, we're not 8 year olds. Aren't we allowed to express opinions anymore?

Like I said, I find almost nothing interesting about Hammet's soloing. Sure, I would love to have some of his fame and riches, but trust me on this, I'd rather have the skills of Skolnik, Freidman, Gilbert, and many, many more before Hammet's.

He'd probably be around number 389 on the list. :ROTF:
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                                And it was on "Another Lesson In Violence" with Paul Balloff before that. ( One of THE best live albums ever, a fucking juggernaut)
                                Cool. I never did get that one. I'll have to pick it up eventually. It is a great song!

Comment

Working...
                                X