No announcement yet.

Guns.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how people from other countries where gun ownership is banned or restricted slam us here in the USA.
    It least WE have the FREEDOM to do so.
    I have made use of my CCW a few times to defend myself.If I hadn't had one I probably wouldn't be alive.
    So all you ragging on us for owning weapons BITE ME.
    Last edited by straycat; 12-22-2007, 07:13 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes it is legal to own an AR-15 in Canada (Armalite makes nice ones, you can also buy cheap Chinese made Norinco ones which I think are illegal to import in the US) if you have a restricted license. Also, a restricted firearm may only be legally fired at a licensed range (no taking it out to the farm) and you have to have a permit just to transport it which will state exactly which addresses you are transporting it from/to. (ie home to range and back). Oh yeah, you have to have a membership to a range before you can buy a restricted firearm. They will ask when you try and transfer it from the seller.

The shortest barrel length you can get is 16" if I remember correctly and you can get the collapsing stock. I never owned one but I did have an M1-A which is a superior rifle IMHO. (Note the Garand action on M-14's was invented by a Canadian working at the Springfield Armory in the US)

I've sold all of my centerfire guns, didn't like having them around. Keep in mind we have an election coming up. If the Liberals win you may lose any restricted firearms you own and not get any compensation.

P.S. Forget about ever owning an H&K MP5 or pretty much anything else they make that is more than a handgun.
      Last edited by cookiemonster2; 12-22-2007, 07:20 PM.

Comment

So your gov't is stealing your personal property? Glad I don't live there.

Comment

No, not yet. If they do, I think it will be limited to handguns and the few assault rifles that are still currently legal, not hunting rifles and shotguns.

I think it is more likely that they will completely prohibit handguns, but grandfather existing owners.

I enjoy shooting, but if they banned handguns and the remaining legal assualt rifles I would not miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            You can always make your own AK-47 on a lathe.
            Making a barrel is within range. It's the rifling that's a pain.

I suppose a fixture could be made, and the rifling could be hand broached,
            then rebore to remove any burrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              You can always make your own AK-47 on a lathe.

Well, I do have a copy of "Home Workshop Prototype Firearms". All I need now is a Home Workshop and I'm there!
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                What in the name of hell do you need an ASSAULT weapon for? This sort of thing always baffles me.

Kind of like having a stack in the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                  That could come in handy, for those creative moments.
                  I'd be willing to bet Shobet would be the first to do it.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                    Yeah, people should have to have government licenses for owning a cabinet with more than 2 speakers and more than 25 watts...

It's just not necessary. :p
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Funny how people from other countries where gun ownership is banned or restricted slam us here in the USA.
                      It least WE have the FREEDOM to do so.
                      I have made use of my CCW a few times to defend myself.If I hadn't had one I probably wouldn't be alive.
                      So all you ragging on us for owning weapons BITE ME.
                      We're not slamming you, we're taking the piss.
                      We all know it's because you have minuscule tadgers.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

My Bushmaster.

Comment

I worked for FN Manufacturing for a few years, when they got the contract to make the M16. Also made the M249, and M240. I made the M16 and M240 lower recievers, then went into QC as M16 bolt inspector, barrel inspector, and final assembly inspector. Only one idiot chucked an M16 over the fence to pick up later. Whoops...CYA, been nice to know ya...Everyone was wondering why he didn't just try for the M249, instead.

Comment

I pity you guns are bad forrr aberyone0
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Shobet there you go with the small dick analogy.I have plenty of martial arts traning and can hold my own when need be. Whats wrong with having a level playing field when putting your life on the line?
                              My guess is you have never come face to face with a thug that wants your money and doesn't care if you live or die.
                              Cyg I have built lots of FN parts guns (AR 15 type) and always had problems with the uppers being loose fitting.
                              The holes for the pins that holds the upper to the lower reciever never lined up exactly.The guns functioned OK.
                              Last edited by straycat; 12-22-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                                We're not slamming you, we're taking the piss.
                                We all know it's because you have minuscule tadgers.

Man, I have no idea what you just said, but I am guessing it roguhly translates to:

"We're not slamming you, we're yanking your chain (pulling your leg or "just kidding with you").
                                We all know it's because you have a small penis."

That sounds about right to me.

I think we'd see it as it's "Because we can" and we have no self control when it comes to acquiring crap, but equating stuff that is seen as impractical and overkill could be seen as compensating for something.

Do you think owning a Marshall 1959 full stack in an apartment, driving an H2 Hummer 12 miles to work each way in the city, owning a 50" Plasma TV, and a pitbull is a sign of underdeveloped reproductive organs, or just a serious of ridiculous and tacky choices?
                                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                                X