Question about PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about PayPal

I know some of you don't like them.. but my question is. If someone pays via paypal with a credit card is there an additional fee? I can't seem to find the answer. I know PP charged 3% but am I hit with a cc fee also?
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

The commission is paid by the person who receives the money. The payer doesn't pay any fees.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

If I remember correctly, I got charged 5% by Paypal for accepting a payment from my mother. I wasn't selling anything, she just paid me £10 and Paypal charged me 50p. I do know that to transfer money from your own PP account to your card/bank, you get charged, but I don't know how much.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        If I remember correctly, I got charged 5% by Paypal for accepting a payment from my mother. I wasn't selling anything, she just paid me £10 and Paypal charged me 50p. I do know that to transfer money from your own PP account to your card/bank, you get charged, but I don't know how much.
        Doesn't cost anything to transfer money to my bank account from PayPal.
        Just takes a few days to complete.

As for the CC fee, yea, PayPal charges a processing fee, but then again, so does everyone else.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Doesn't cost anything to transfer money to my bank account from PayPal.
          Just takes a few days to complete.

As for the CC fee, yea, PayPal charges a processing fee, but then again, so does everyone else.
          Is that on top of the 3% for any transaction (received)? I thought it was ~3% no matter the source from - credit card, other's PP acct, all the same fee.

Maybe it varies by country? - I know there is an additional currency conversion fee for inter-county transactions
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yes, fees vary by country.
            The fees seem fairly standardized for all my transactions.
            I haven't noticed any fee difference between a PayPal to PayPal or CC to PayPal transactions.
            -Rick

Comment

Here's their fee info from their site:

Get detailed information about PayPal's consumer fees. Find PayPal's prices for sending or receiving money, internationally or domestically.

But my experience doesn't match this table, sometimes they don't charge me anything when I receive funds, other times they charge me more than the fees listed here. Go figure.

EDIT: Here's a fee calculator which seems to jive with the above table:

Last edited by Axewielder; 12-22-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X