Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to buy or not to buy?

Nokia N810 or Itouch iPod?

What you all think? I want to surf internet while traveling, got a travling Wifi adaptor.. need somehting small than a laptop and do NOT/NOT want a phone.

ANy thoughts?

Neither. My K800i can access the web but I don't use it for that. Mobile phones are slow at web access and it costs stupid money to surf this way. It's cheaper to walk into an internet cafe.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
      Nokia N810 or Itouch iPod?

What you all think? I want to surf internet while traveling, got a travling Wifi adaptor.. need somehting small than a laptop and do NOT/NOT want a phone.

ANy thoughts?
      Well I have an iPhone and I will give my thumbs up for the Touch. When I am somewhere with WiFi, it's almost exactly like surfing with my laptop. Pages load fast and look the same. You will run into problems once in awhile with Flash only heavy sites, but for me those are far and few between.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

There are a lot of products available depending on your needs. Google UMPC and check out the various choices.

Comment

the iphone is amazing. I'm using it to post this message. it works great with wi-fi. even the "edge" speed is very usable. safari is a decent browser, IE is much more stable though.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            safari is a decent browser, IE is much more stable though.
            I thought the same thing when I had an ibook and people said I was crazy

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              I thought the same thing when I had an ibook and people said I was crazy
              IE almost never crashes on me - and when it does it is 70% Shockwave Flash and 29% Acrobat.

The funny thing is that Safari crashes most when I surf the Apple web site.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's awesome. I hate PDF's they make everything run so slow it's insane.

Comment

I don't support anything that starts with an "I". Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

I know you all have seen this
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

well i think it will be the iTouch ........

Comment

Working...
                    X